Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Superman has parts on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Superman has parts on the way!

Hey everyone, well the time has come and parts are finally on their way. After pretty much a year of research i am finally going to take the plunge. All of the what if, which one threads have finally come down to this. I have Turbo-Zones Twin kit on the way with a couple T3 Stage 3 turbos. I guess they are roughly 60mms. Also 2 38mm Tial Wgs and a 50mm Tial BOV. Getting some extra stuff such as a polished radiator support for the bling, and a racetronix fuel pump and some high imp 65# injectors for the fuel system. WGs are going to come loaded with 7# springs for now to hopefully set me at ~450 rwhp on a mustang dyno. Have a boost guage coming in the first shipment and going to order some pusher fans and a fuel pressure guage threw summit as soon as my parts arrive. The kit is coming complete nut and bolt with everything, all the silicone, clamps, fmic support, alt relocation bracket, etc... 100% ready to romp. Main goal right now is to get the car running with these parts on a safe tune shooting for a conservative 450 rwhp with a fat tune like i said. Mods to come after will be some valvetrain stuff, trans rebuild and a nice converter and shortblock. But for now im going to just get my feet wet and get this sucker moving. John said parts will be shipping out tomorrow so keep posted for some pictures and a detailed Build thread. Need to wait for the TA to get out of the body shop after having an old guy back into the side of my parked car with his escalade . Build will start on the 13th i'm shooting for......

Post up with any comments, suggestions, input, whatever you feel the need to. Im so excited to finally being on my way!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

WoW!

You turned out to be one of the true characters that goes through with it.

It's going to be very expensive in the end, I'm now at $11k on a 100% kit that I paid $7.5k to get. Just plan on having the car down for extended periods sometimes while everything gets sorted in the end.

Big 1st step, but you're still only about 3% done with this project. Call me if you get into a mechanical bind. I know all the shade tree mechanic's tricks for the 4th gen. ~Joshua 678/492/6843
Old 10-04-2006, 08:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok thanks Josh. I have all winter for the install, so i think i'll be set on time, haha. With John's help and yours along with me and a buddy installing, should be alright. Wondering if getting an aftermarket k-member now would make the install a lot easier and for working on the car in the future.... opinions?

Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Junkie

To be honest, I feel you made a hasty decision...

You could've at least researched these things a bit here on LS1tech or something.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

finally, i guess the STS turned you off? glad to heat you went through with it
Old 10-04-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I always figured the more research he did, he'd swing away from STS.

Turbo Zone front mount twins... Sounds cool. Any nice features you can spill about?
Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Restricted User

Who is this Turbo-Zone you speak of?

You made a great decision, we will always be here to help and support your F.I. Goals. Heck, if you have a place to sleep, we may even come over and help you install it.

You better supply the beer and pizza though.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:26 PM
9 Second Club

LOL I was sure he was gonna join the rearmount crowd with the rest of us... ok I gotta ask. Your only gonna get 450RWHP with a twin setup? Wow... I saw more than that with the stock STS... is it cause your not gonna turn it up yet? Not a forged lower? What gives man?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

450 will come so fast you will be adjustng boost down below 7#, so have a manual controller at least. Congrats on the purchase. I have done hot side installation of this kit and can assist if needed, but I have a tubular K-Member so it may be different.

If you havent ridden in a twin ls1 yet... with those turbos and the fast spool, you will get a "glow" about you once you feel it. But, as stated abouve, your only 3% there... have patience, have tools and start saving as the undeniable desire to turn up the boost will come upon you (and the necessary parts to do it will be craved like smack for a drug addict). My 10k budget a few years ago went to 20k pretty fast. Luckily, today, the kits themselves are somewhat more affordable...
Old 10-04-2006, 10:54 PM
12 Second Club

All I can say is congrats! I've been roaming the forums with you for about a year now looking up different FI setups. And I'm glad one of us finally got the chance to get our hands in the cookie jar. lol I ended up moving to FL and I've got my 2nd album to work on, so I cant blow my load just yet. BUT SOON! Hopefully before summer I'll join the ranks. Best of luck and def let us know how it all turns out! lol I'm excited for you, lucky ****.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

finally god choice man!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 AM
12 Second Club

about dam time man!!!!

hope you have fun!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

thanks for all the comments fellas! Really appreciate them all. As for the question about why i'm keeping power so low with twins... of course its due to the stock engine. She will be built with time and the boost will go up. End goals are 700 rwhp, one reason i picked this kit over the STS.

Cant wait for that feeling you described Jammer!

Think picking up a Tub K-mem right now for the initial install would make it a lot easier and be easier for future work on the car? Or waste of 500 bones?

John, i may end up taking you up on that deal, lol. Throw you up in the nice Holiday Inn Express so you can do anything, lol.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Superman09
...Need to wait for the TA to get out of the body shop after having an old guy back into the side of my parked car with his escalade . Build will start on the 13th i'm shooting for......

Post up with any comments, suggestions, input, whatever you feel the need to. Im so excited to finally being on my way!
After shitty luck like getting backed into, I'd choose another day to start.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are there any pics of the Turbo Zone set up? How does the down pipe run, and what size? I'm on the fence too, can't decide on which kit to get.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm probably just as excited as you Johnny so you'd better let me know when you get everything in so I can drive out and give you guys a hand. I got dibs on one of the first rides
Old 10-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Restricted User

Default pics of twin kit

Originally Posted by Firechikn
Are there any pics of the Turbo Zone set up? How does the down pipe run, and what size? I'm on the fence too, can't decide on which kit to get.

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send over a few pics of the kit together and on a car. sales@turbo-zone.com

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey John, stuff ship today? Im off to work now.... think a tub k-mem would make this a lot easier or no? LMK, also... on the fans.... would 2 singles make for a much easier install over the twins? If so, can you link me to the singles i want from summit? Greatly appreciated. TTYL

Old 10-05-2006, 09:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

bump....

Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About time man! **** seems like it was not long ago you were just thinking about this stuff....hell remember when you went with the pro-charged train for a minute!...

good luck with the install Mr. 3hour intake removal haha just messin with ya

now i gotta get saving or else i won't have much to show in the spring other then my lousy H/C setup hit my cell up if you need help at all!