Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

98-02 Firehawk V.S. 98-02 WS6

Old 10-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 Firehawk V.S. 98-02 WS6

Hello Everybody...

Im not sure if im in the right section but I had a quick question about this matter. I've been researching about the WS6 and the Firehawks but never got a accurate answer. All the website I've been to about this matter always gives me different answers and thats why I'm here.
I was planning on purchasing a WS6 until a Firehawk came to my attention. I know that the Firehawk goes through SLP and comes out with a little more power than the WS6. Im also aware that the Firehawk comes with Bilstein Shocks and the Exhaust. Im trying to look for the specs. I want to know what I'm buying before I do. I heard that the WS6 puts out around 325hp / 350 ft lb tq. When I tried to research for the Firehawk, I got all kinds of different reads.. one said 330hp/350tq; 345hp/350tq; 350hp/375tq. I dont know which one to believe... So please help me out on this.. I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks.
Dave
Old 10-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Launching!

they're all pretty much the same in terms of power output

Originally Posted by FirstLS1
Hello Everybody...

Im not sure if im in the right section but I had a quick question about this matter. I've been researching about the WS6 and the Firehawks but never got a accurate answer. All the website I've been to about this matter always gives me different answers and thats why I'm here.
I was planning on purchasing a WS6 until a Firehawk came to my attention. I know that the Firehawk goes through SLP and comes out with a little more power than the WS6. Im also aware that the Firehawk comes with Bilstein Shocks and the Exhaust. Im trying to look for the specs. I want to know what I'm buying before I do. I heard that the WS6 puts out around 325hp / 350 ft lb tq. When I tried to research for the Firehawk, I got all kinds of different reads.. one said 330hp/350tq; 345hp/350tq; 350hp/375tq. I dont know which one to believe... So please help me out on this.. I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks.
Dave
Old 10-08-2006, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All LS1's, whether that be a Vette, F-bod, GTO, whatever will all average about 350bhp. The reason for the different numbers for the F-bod were to not step on the Vette's toes as the LS1 was realtively new during the production of our cars. The variance in numbers, meaning 305, 325, 335, 345 are purely for advertising and hold no truth value. To answer your question, the WS6 will have the same level of power as the Firehawk, and the same as a base Z28, or TA. Of course there are factory freaks out there that may have 10 or so HP more, but its argued that the number may just be higher due to how the dyno was calibrated at the time. These freaks are not limited to one model; WS6, Hawk, SS, Z28, TA, what ever. Oh, and no 98 production Hawks, although there is 1 I believe is owned by a private individual.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this, hope it helps
http://www.ls2.com/forums/attachment...ostid=5210907&
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned

If you're going to mod the car anyway, the slight advantage from the Blackwing air lid on the Firehawk and the different shocks will be overshadowed by the aftermarket items you add.

If you cam the car, or add a supercharger, the stock output is a moot point anyway. You need to ask yourself what you're really wanting in the car. ~Joshua

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98-02 Firehawk V.S. 98-02 WS6