Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hurst line lock leaking through plugs....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hurst line lock leaking through plugs....

I just installed a hurst line lock on my car. I had a prob getting 2 connections to seal correctly but once those were taken care of the leak is now coming from 2 plugs that I have in the line lock. There are 3 ports to choose from so you plug the other 2. I used the plugs that came with the kit but its still leaking. I tried using teflon tape but I think the brake fluid is going to break it down. Is there anything else I could try to stop it from leaking? Thanks. -Mark
Old 10-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Brake fluid will not break the tape down. It is what you are supposed to use. Make sure that you put the tape on the right way though. It goes on with the threads.

Ken
Old 10-10-2006, 06:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't use tape. If some breaks off and gets in your line, it will clog it. I would suggest using teflon paste.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Well I removed the plugs clean off the tape, drained the fluid, dried the ports and picked up some teflon paster and gooped the crap out of it. I'm letting it dry overnight then put some fluid in when I get home from work. If this doesn't work I don't know what else to try. Thanks guys. -Mark
Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

teflon paste doesnt dry really. If they leak tighten them a little more until they stop (within reason of course). I assume you are talking about the 1/8" pipe thread fittings.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

KP- Yes. they are 1/8" plugs. I emailed hurst and they said to return it for warranty. But my prob is I have a race in 2 weeks and fear it wont' be back in time. I cranked it down as tight as I could get it to where I thought any tighter and I'll strip it. How bad would it be if I put a small dab of blue loc tite in the middle of the plug? Not alot but very small amount? I'm desparate if the paste doesn't work. Thanks. -Mark

Quick Reply: Hurst line lock leaking through plugs....