Sponsored by:

What year is my engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What year is my engine

Hello,

I'm building a 58 Chevy truck project and just got a LS1 with a 4L60E (The guy said it was out of a Tahoe) trans for next to nothing and its going in the Truck. How do you find the year of these engines?

By the way the engine is complete I have the computer and wiring harness. I have every wire imaginable it just a mess.lol
Old 10-12-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use the casting number or the VIN number on the block above the oil filter. There are also bar coded sticker on the engine block and/or heads. You might be able to use any or all of those number to get the correct information.

BTW.. LS1, LS6 and LS2 were never placed in Trucks as an engine option. What type of intake does it have on it ? LQ4, LQ9, etc..were truck engines.

You can take those numbers to your local GM deal, if he is a good parts tech. He will be able to tell you what you got there, else look at the LS1 or GenIII books.. U can also post on this forum and someone will help.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Teching In

It is a truck engine I know that much. Its not pretty like the LS1 engines I've seen. I have a 97 454 in my Chevy 210 and you can tell a truck engine when you see one.lol

Thanks for the Heads up. I will check out the numbers when I get home.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kabwe
...I have a 97 454 in my Chevy 210...
Sorry to change the subject but how do you like that motor in your car? Not much information on swaps with those motors.

P.S. Your brother has some skills!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Sorry to change the subject but how do you like that motor in your car? Not much information on swaps with those motors.

P.S. Your brother has some skills!
Yeah my brother is alright.lol He thinks he knows everything and takes credit for everything I do. But will not help me with nothing. I guess thats what big brothers are for right?.lol I love the 454 in the car its really nice. lots of power and cruises on the freeway. Its a drinker though.lol

Last edited by kabwe; 10-13-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bczee
Use the casting number or the VIN number on the block above the oil filter. There are also bar coded sticker on the engine block and/or heads. You might be able to use any or all of those number to get the correct information.
The numbers I found on the block are as follows
The Block C26013532
The Heads 1086N2083678

Does anybody and and idea of what I have?

Quick Reply: What year is my engine