General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

BRAKE light???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRAKE light???

I left my GF's house about 2 weeks ago, while going down her driveway I went to hit the brakes and they felt really soft. I had to push rather hard for the car to stop(driveway is downhill) Well when I stopped the Brake Light came on in my dash. I thought i may have tripped some sensor so i just let it slide...well it never went off.

Then 2 days ago I went to start the car up and the ABS INOP light was on, along with the Brake light??? So i went to work and when i got off and started it up the ABS INOP light was off and the brake light still on. In the past couple days it seems like the ABS INOP light is on only during the 1st start of the day...Any Suggestions, Ideas, anything. I plan on checking the connections later today for the ABS but what about the brake light staying on for over 2 weeks now?

Thanks
Josh
Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm sometimes those brake sensors will go bad or you can even have a electrical issue setting off that inop light....but....you stated you were feeling a problem in the hardware, so....theres several things you need to check on....start with the sensors themselves make sure there connected and are working right, check your rotor wear, pad wear, and master cyclinder fluid....you can have someone check your abs module for you and make sure its work properly also...
Old 10-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

I'm getting new rotors and pads in the next couple weeks. I checked the fluid and it was ok. I'm gonna check all the connections and see if that may be it.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From my understanding from tech school (dont quote me) if the red brake light comes on you need to get it checked real soon. Something has gone bad, either electrical or in the abs system. it might just a sensor like what you guys have already said. I could be wrong though, I just remember them saying get it checked out immediately.