Austin Toll Road Protest

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Austin Toll Road Protest

Hey, My name is Stu. I am a moderator on the Texasfbody.org car club. As you have probably already heard, there is a new toll road system being set up in Austin. Comming October 22, 2006 there will be a grand opening for the toll roads. They are having a big party with something like 3000+ people in attendance.

I am trying to gather people who are against said toll roads to show up in protest. We dont need foreign owned toll roads in our city!

If you would like to show your protest and show them that car enthusiasts are against this, please let me know. I am trying to get together with Austin Area Stangs, SCCA, Spokes, Austin 3rd Gen, Lake Area Rods and Classics and any other car club that wants to participate.

We are hoping for a big show. If you want in, or know of other car clubs that might want in... feel free to email me at srl264@mail.utexas.edu

Pass on the word!

Thanks,
Stu
Old 10-13-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

I agree.

they are pulling the same **** in dallas (north of) turning an existing toll free road into a toll road.

Hwy 121, previousely a state highway now owned/controlled by some scab that prolly doesn't even speak english

granted, they are repaving the road and extending it a few miles west and removing some traffic lites, but what the hell are our road taxes being used for???

to top it all off, the tolls that will be paid are being sent, in part, overseas. to spain I believe.

For my part, I refuse to use the road anymore.

I say **** the bastards. I'd like to see a similar protest in dallas. this ain't right. building a road is one thing. but converting one is a whole different animal.

if I can make Austin, I will.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Stu for putting together my protest idea.