LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need a pic of the plug for the alternator

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a pic of the plug for the alternator

just as the title says, i don't have one and need to see it to help me find it.

don't suppose anyone know where i can get one? think the dealership would have one?

edit, its a 95 lt1

Last edited by BlazerINtheWork; 10-13-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im assuming you are talking about the connector for the voltage regulator? If so just take your alternator out, not hard, and go to autozone and see if they have a connector that will fit. I replaced mine a couple months ago with one from the dealer and with my discount it was like 25 bucks. I think he said retail was 56 for that little thing!
Old 10-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FlamingChicken
Im assuming you are talking about the connector for the voltage regulator? If so just take your alternator out, not hard, and go to autozone and see if they have a connector that will fit. I replaced mine a couple months ago with one from the dealer and with my discount it was like 25 bucks. I think he said retail was 56 for that little thing!

don't suppose you remember a part number? 56 is pretty high but i know someone that can get a discount.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, sorry. I just went in and told them I needed the connector for the voltage regulator. They didnt have the exact part (one wire going into a connector that can take 4 pins, i believe) but they had one for a different car that worked. the connector was the same i just had to remove the other pins. Not a big deal though. I would def check autozone for a cheaper one. i was in a jam and needed the part. bout **** myself when they told me the price.

Quick Reply: need a pic of the plug for the alternator