LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Idle help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle help

Will not having the AIT wire hooked to the sensor cause idle problems? Also I have longtube headers installed but no cat back. I cant install the O2 sensors until I get it to a exhaust shop. Will not having the O2 sensors connected cause idling problems? I think I have this issue just about nipped but I want to be sure.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Not having the o2's hooked up is gonna cause the motor to run like crap. The PCM needs feedback on how the motor is running. The o2 sensors play a crucial role in this as they provide the PCM with how well your A/F is being burned and where its at. AIT??? Sure you don't mean IAT??? The IAT not being hooked up will throw a SES and it will read "Fuel Lean Monitor". Both of these sensors are crucial to the operation of the engine.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jm93camaro
Not having the o2's hooked up is gonna cause the motor to run like crap. The PCM needs feedback on how the motor is running. The o2 sensors play a crucial role in this as they provide the PCM with how well your A/F is being burned and where its at. AIT??? Sure you don't mean IAT??? The IAT not being hooked up will throw a SES and it will read "Fuel Lean Monitor". Both of these sensors are crucial to the operation of the engine.
I understand that. I asked because I figured the O2 sensors wouldnt come into play during cold start during open loop. I also understand they are crucial but I assumed there are set parameters the computer goes to when it doesnt detect a reading. So with that said I figured the car would at least idle. I know it would drive like crap. AIT IAT same thing I guess.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i still think its the BBK gone coco.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1BRN
i still think its the BBK gone coco.
I havent ruled it out yet. There are just so many other small issues that I'm trying to adjust and with my stupid new watch schedule I cant go to the shop to see the progress.
I was quick to blame the chip because that's what they told me. In the end the chip was installed wrong but it still didnt fix the issue. Now I'm sure it's not the chip. I'm hoping it was all due to the sensors not being plugged in. I didnt notice any vaccum leaks but I'm not ruling it out. We should know for sure tommorow. I'm just glad the car is finally moving on it's own power. I have the worst fvcken luck with cars in the middle east.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
I have the worst fvcken luck with cars in the middle east.
you think? I believe you've seen my dyno graph
Old 10-14-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1BRN
you think? I believe you've seen my dyno graph
Youll get better numbers, dont sweat it. You know how auto cars are. As long as you run good numbers at the track it's all good. I also wanted to reccomend (but I forgot) going with a mail order tune and having Tag fine tune it. The price wouldnt be much different than the route youre going now and will save on the dyno time. I also found some great info on using tunercat if he wants it. How was he able to use LT1 Edit on that 93 bird? They list LT1 Edit for 94-95.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dont know about that, lets not Hijack the thread, i will ask and get back to you.

Quick Reply: Idle help