Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Original gauges and LSx

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original gauges in 69 and LSx

Ok guys I'm budgeting for a near future swap in my 69 Camaro. Out with the carb in with the FI LSx. However I would like to keep my original gauges: Tach, speedo all the console gauges. I have an Autometer tach on the pillar and AM oil H2O temp under dash but all others work also and I want to keep em. Is there any problems with that? What does it take? Thanks
Dave

Last edited by ss dave; 10-14-2006 at 12:30 PM. Reason: attention and help
Old 10-16-2006, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get a d/a converter for the speedo for around $300, or swap tail housing
tap a hole for temp probe
tee off or tap oil filter connector for oil
since you have aftermarker tach, you might not have any problems w/ it
Old 10-16-2006, 09:57 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ss dave
Tach, speedo all the console gauges. I have an Autometer tach on the pillar and AM oil H2O temp under dash but all others work also and I want to keep em. Is there any problems with that? What does it take? Thanks
Dave
Tach- you will need to change the tach output in the PCM with HP Tuners or EFI Live7, or buy an aftermarket signal multiplier to get the factory tach to work.
Speedo- see last post /\ or you would have to mount the guts from an electronic speedo behind your factory face.
oil press- T all the senders in, you will need metric to american adapters, if you do a search you should be able to find a couple different companies that sell them.
water temp- either drill out the hole in your head to fit the sender, cut the sender down and thread it metric, or drill your water pump. You should be able to find pics of each of these solutions if you search. The autometer sender should fit right in with an american to metric adapter.

Quick Reply: Original gauges and LSx