Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI newbie ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI newbie ?'s

I am thinking about Procharging my car. Given all the mods that I have done, what would I have to change to make the Procharger work. Is my cam too agressive?? Do I need to go smaller for it to work. I got a taste of more power with my H/C swap and now I want more, as does my wife (man does that really help out). Anyway, I will be going with a TT setup in the future (thanks goes out to GMR Speed for all the help, now I just need to save a little more money), but I would like to procharge till then. Well, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-14-2006, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

To do a procharger on your car you are looking at, ATI balancer (if you go 8rib) , 60lb injectors , walboro 255pump. If your sitting at 433rwhp , a procharger at low boost will bump you up to well over 500rwhp despite what cam you have.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:07 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...php?service=66

This list may help you out. Bob
Old 10-14-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that cam is a little to big for FI. It woudl more then likely stay open to long and end up tosing boost right outta the cylinder as teh intake and exhaust valves woudl eb open at the same time.
I am assuming that u have heads that are either milled or are 5.3 cast heads that will have lower then stock CC. That will cause the CR of the engine to go up and that is bad. U would be able to make good power but u would be playin on a thin line with compression that high.
The injectors are definatlygonan be to small. To make 500 rwhp u need atleast 42#ers and to go over that u shoudl get 60#ers. They will get u prettyy damn high. Definatly higher then the stock short block can handle neway.
Ull prolly wanna get rid of the 410s as ull be in each gear for about 1 second.
Otherwise u look good. I cna say that ull get away with changing the injectors and cam and leave the rest till u get a forged engine. But once u go FI its tough to not jsut toss higher PSI pul;ley on and playin harder. GL man

John

Quick Reply: FI newbie ?'s