Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

KB's for LS motors????

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KB's for LS motors????

Does anyone have info on these new KB set-ups for the Gen 3 world? I see they have a kit out for the 2000-2004 vette adn several other LSx applications.

I believe it is a 2.6L blower

stock rated Z06

405 hp - 585 hp on 8#'s, 700 hp on 16#'s, both on pump gas. Rated to 950 hp and comes with a 93 mm inlet that fits both stock and 90mm T/B's. From what I hear, the intercooler, fuel system upgrade, heat exchanger, oiling sytem, and some more goodies all come with the kit. I have yet to see a price on these units though.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:05 AM
FormerVendor

The price is on the "Price list" page..
The most expensive one is 7499. That is the polished unit (Which also includes the hood)

See my sig for power abilities..
Old 10-17-2006, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
The price is on the "Price list" page..
The most expensive one is 7499. That is the polished unit (Which also includes the hood)

See my sig for power abilities..
Well I have read that long interesting thread about your set-up, I was very impressed and sent the link to a f-body owner who is interested in tring to get one to fit. I assured him it wouldn't but he wants to try anyways. So I have to get ahold of KB and see if they will send me a mock unit. I just dont see gaining 3 inches of clearence to clear the firewall at all, but its his money, my time, and his car. I have a feeling some people are going to be feeling a bit let down after we attempt this!!!!

BTW, I was never able to find your dyno graph... are you able to post one up or e-mail it to me? Some people have doubt of the top-end power of these units, and I know for a fact that they pull like hell all the way to the set Rev!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KOTSperformance
BTW, I was never able to find your dyno graph... are you able to post one up or e-mail it to me? Some people have doubt of the top-end power of these units, and I know for a fact that they pull like hell all the way to the set Rev!
The one thing you will not run into with this S/C is lack of top end. As you can see in my grap, the top end doesnt start to dropoff. It just levels off. My motor just ran out of cam. Had I cammed t for more top end, I could have taken it as high as I wanted.

This graph is at 16psi and 91 pump gas w/methanol for safety.

Quick Reply: KB's for LS motors????