Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which headers can I use... which accessories???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which headers can I use... which accessories???

Hey guys Im trying to get everything together for the LS1/T56 transplant into my 2000 S10..... Will any headers fit? Mac Mid's? Shorties? Which front accessories can I use? ... Only the Corvette or will the truck ones work? Any other info, or hidden problems that I might run into?

Thanks, Matt
Old 10-18-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

As far as headers...only thing i know of that fits is the JTR shorties....and the only other easy option is a 98-99 fbody manifold them cut the collector and extend....is what i did. The accesories...DEF need the corvette alt bracket...there are ways to make the fbody pump and alt work with it...i did it an works great. Some say you can use truck acc....but they stick out way to far so you have to mod the radiator support to move the rad foreward as far as you can get. Fbod acc dont work worth a damn....the A/C in all situations wont work without choppin the hell outta the frame or using a high pass mount from like S&P. Sorry to be short and to the point but this ? has been covered a ton of times...search is a wonderful thing.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chevysrule94
Hey guys Im trying to get everything together for the LS1/T56 transplant into my 2000 S10..... Will any headers fit? Mac Mid's? Shorties? Which front accessories can I use? ... Only the Corvette or will the truck ones work? Any other info, or hidden problems that I might run into?

Thanks, Matt
http://www.currentperformance.com/Swap_Parts/parts.html
Old 10-18-2006, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Great Thanks guys!