Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

What is up with the Paid Links CRAP!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is up with the Paid Links CRAP!

I HATE it. If you click to quick you get an advertisement. What is the deal , more money for John?!?!?!?!?@?!@>!@#!>@#?!@>$?!>$?@>#$?>\

ITS ANNOYING
Old 10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He has to make money too.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

they were already making money!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I find it hard to beleive you have a membership here for free with all of this information for free and you are complaining about a couple of ads. MAybe you could pay a monthly fee instead of dodging the ads...
Old 10-18-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LEATHL_WS6
I find it hard to beleive you have a membership here for free with all of this information for free and you are complaining about a couple of ads. MAybe you could pay a monthly fee instead of dodging the ads...
Listen, its not a HUGE deal but concerning your comment about paying a monthly fee, there is no need for that comment or a fee for this site. It generates a LOT of money from the sponsors which I paid thousands in parts with. That wasn't my point and your argument holds NO validity.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,088 Likes on 716 Posts

What do mean Greg? on SSU?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
What do mean Greg? on SSU?
Yeah, I found the post about this on the anything goes forum. No worries though, this post was more of a "WTF" type post than actually seeking an answer
Old 10-19-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minty
Listen, its not a HUGE deal but concerning your comment about paying a monthly fee, there is no need for that comment or a fee for this site. It generates a LOT of money from the sponsors which I paid thousands in parts with. That wasn't my point and your argument holds NO validity.
I don't want to argue with you. But I think there is plenty of validity to my post. I'm sure there is a lot of hard work put into this site daily. The site is free for it's members. Why shouldn't the owners be allowed to make money on it?

Think of it this way what if you went to work all day and did not get paid. You wouldn't be to happy would you. This site is like a job. They have put in the time and work to make it what it is. Now they deserve to get paid. I'm sure in the begining they wern't making near enough money for all the efforts.

I have no control over membership fees I was just stating an alternative. To me when I was building my car this site was invaluable. I saved thousands of dollars from all the information available to me here. I spent thousands as well but that was my own doing.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LEATHL_WS6
I don't want to argue with you. But I think there is plenty of validity to my post. I'm sure there is a lot of hard work put into this site daily. The site is free for it's members. Why shouldn't the owners be allowed to make money on it?

Think of it this way what if you went to work all day and did not get paid. You wouldn't be to happy would you. This site is like a job. They have put in the time and work to make it what it is. Now they deserve to get paid. I'm sure in the begining they wern't making near enough money for all the efforts.

I have no control over membership fees I was just stating an alternative. To me when I was building my car this site was invaluable. I saved thousands of dollars from all the information available to me here. I spent thousands as well but that was my own doing.
They already make a lot of money was my point. Also, when you saved thousands, you still SPENT thousands....and guess who you used when you spent those thousands.....the sponsors. THE SSU site was already here on ls1tech and was moved so it was already free. My point is only that it was ANNOYING. Its not my business to get into their financials. I have known John for a while now and I was mostly giving him crap about it.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it was an inside joke I see your point.. and apologize. If not there is no changing your mind so have a nice day. And enjoy this nice free resource.

Rob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is up with the Paid Links CRAP!