So, what would you do in this situation..

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, what would you do in this situation..

I was driving down 287 towards FW when I looked over and saw a guy picking up **** that fell out of his pickup bed. When I looked straight again I ran over some ******' big iron something in the road... needless to say it shreded my tired and possibly other stuff since I havent looked underneath again yet.

But TXdot patrol got the pickups license plate and gave it to me saying they were tieing stuff down in their truck. (the guy was picking up the **** that flew out and I ran over part of it)The police pretty much told me to file a report tomorrow.

So far, its only a tire and an alignment.

Can I get them to pay for the tire and alignment?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

You are liable to keep all the stuff in your truck secured. Was the guy part of a business or was he moving stuff for himself. If it is a business you would probably get money out of them easier, if it is an individual it may be more difficult. Definately file a police report asap.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02ss98C5
You are liable to keep all the stuff in your truck secured. Was the guy part of a business or was he moving stuff for himself. If it is a business you would probably get money out of them easier, if it is an individual it may be more difficult. Definately file a police report asap.
It was an individual I think. I never saw the guy's truck, but the TXdot guys who stopped to help got his plate and truck description. (He put something about a tow-truck number)

I will file a report tomorrow if I can find a damn ride since my ta is my DD
Old 10-19-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Maybe you would have noticed the METAL in the road if you weren't so busy checkin out the 14yr old girls in the car next to you. BTW-hit me up with your Digits,phone got stolen whenI was in Iowa a few weeks ago. later ********!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Smoke a fat spliff.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BULLET99Z28
Maybe you would have noticed the METAL in the road if you weren't so busy checkin out the 14yr old girls in the car next to you. BTW-hit me up with your Digits,phone got stolen whenI was in Iowa a few weeks ago. later ********!
But you always told me "over twelve, might as well"?? I thought youd be proud of me!!!!!!

I got a new number anyhow
Old 10-19-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
But you always told me "over twelve, might as well"?? I thought youd be proud of me!!!!!!

I got a new number anyhow
Thats just wrong in so many ways