Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Master Cylinder

Does the clutch master cylinder normally stay in the all the way disengaged state? It was pulled out of the car and I'm assuiming that it's still in the poistion of the clutch being disengaged. Just checking to make sure before I go and start to mock it up.

I assume the line, still all stock GM right now, needs to be hooked up to transmission to allow me to push the cylinder in any?

From what I've read it's a 7/8" stroke and the cylinder will allow the rod to travel 1" so I hope that is correct.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ted J
Does the clutch master cylinder normally stay in the all the way disengaged state? It was pulled out of the car and I'm assuiming that it's still in the poistion of the clutch being disengaged. Just checking to make sure before I go and start to mock it up.
Mine does even w/ no fluid and the braided line disconnected.

I assume the line, still all stock GM right now, needs to be hooked up to transmission to allow me to push the cylinder in any?

Yes if it has no air in it. You can also press the end in to let fluid out. Thanks Steve.

From what I've read it's a 7/8" stroke and the cylinder will allow the rod to travel 1" so I hope that is correct.
It is a 1"x3/4" stroke, but you don't really want to be hitting either end of the stroke so 7/8" is what most set it up for.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stealth71
It is a 1"x3/4" stroke, but you don't really want to be hitting either end of the stroke so 7/8" is what most set it up for.
Thanks for the info!

When you say 1"x3/4" stroke do you mean it has a useable range of 3/4" to that of 1"? Sorry, don't understand what 1"x3/4" means.

Quick Reply: Clutch Master Cylinder