Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

supercharger kit?

Old 10-19-2006, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger kit?

hey i have a 99 t/a and i dont have many mods yet n not too much money i was wondering if u guys think i could be able to piece a supercharger kit together for alot less than buying the kit? i was also thinkin of doin the same thing with a turbo instead like findin all the pieces... just lemme know what u think...
dont worry bout the labor cost i have that problem solved already
thanks mike
Old 10-19-2006, 05:10 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can if you purchase the parts used. Piecing together a new ATI ProCharger kit is much more expensive than by buying the whole kit together. Bob
Old 10-20-2006, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

any1 else wanna help me?
Old 10-20-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

If money is tight go heads and cam. There are a lot of hidden costs in an FI setup.

Not tryin to steer you away, just saying you don't want to turn your car into a money pit if you can't do it right from the start.

That being said the most cost fesable method is to probably scope out the for sale section and wait till someone is selling a kit.

Mike
Old 10-20-2006, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

You can pick up a D1 kit used for about 3500. There are a couple in the for sale section. Used can be kinda a pain in the *** though depending on who you get the kit from. I got mine used and am trying to piece together all the little bullshit nuts/bolts that were left out. Plus the lower fan shroud got lost somewhere between the sellers house and mine. I had to pay ATI 60 bucks for a new one. Then you will need at least a fuel pressure gauge and a boost gauge. Just spent $240 on those. Then $400-500 on a tune. So even used you are looking at over $4k. It is a pain in the *** but it is saving me about 2 grand so I can deal with it. This is just the experience I am having with a used kit right now. Hope it helps.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont get a p1sc kit make sure you buy a D1SC kit. Buy a full kit. I just got one for less then 3200 bucks on a 8 rib system,. Some one its selling a 6 rib system for less then 3200 on the for sale fourm. Try to get a 8 rib system will save you a little money in the long run. A p1sc kit is cool but if you plan on runnuung more boost your gonna need a d1sc.

Search this Thread