LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

port pros

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default port pros

I have been researching options for head work and have heard some great things about port pros. I believe tony shepherd praises them for good work. I have a few questions for anyone that has used them. First do you send them your heads to use or do they have them in stock and ask for yours as a core fee. Second how is the turnaround time after payment, shipping, etc all the b.s. is done with? Third what kind of flows do they claim for the stage 3 on a stock lt1 style head? Do they prefer you use an aftermarket head or do they do stockers? I don't know if anyone is "allowed" to disclose the flow numbers on the stage 3 ported LT1's but I would be grateful if you are. Just trying to gather information before i make any decisions.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:41 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best thing would be to give them a call or email.

phone:
(512)-257-0222

email:
portpros@sbcglobal.net

www.portpros.com

Get ahold of Harold and he can answer all of your questions.

I know the stage II LT1 castings flow 285. The stage III's will flow more but not sure on the #'s. The low and mid range flow #'s are awesome as well. He will ask what goal you are trying to reach and then help you decide to use LT1 castings, AFR, or Trick Flow....etc.

Not sure on the core thing, hopefully someone else can chime in on that. Like I said the best thing is to get ahold of them.

Good luck!!

p.s.
I know Fire67, TWS, SWINGRRRR,...etc are a few on the board with his heads. There are many more out there as well. Maybe someone will chime in.

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 10-20-2006 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:20 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Harold did a set of LT1 heads for me about 2 years ago that turned out beautifully. I don't want to misquote my flow numbers because I sold the motor over a year ago and gave the buyer all the paperwork to include the flow sheets. I do remember they were not only were the peak numbers great (for LT1 castings) but the low and midrange were exceptional.

It was a little 355 LT1 with just a comp 503 cam and my car ran 11.90 pulling the front wheels a few inches on launch.

A mishap has me being forced to pull and rebuild my 385 LT4. It will be trucked over to Port Pros for the machine work and assembly.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:53 PM
hashtagBMW

Harold did my intake. And will be doing my heads in the next few months.

Tony.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Has Unresolved Sales

im about to go take some heads to him so he can port them. getting the stage 3 heads and comparing them with my le2 heads on a dyno sometime in dec or jan
Old 10-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Launching!

let me know how they compare to the le2 heads.... I have also heard great things about lloyd's head cam packages
Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 AM
hashtagBMW

Most all the packages will flow in the same area. I took harolds customer service into perspective, this guy knows his stuff and he really caters to what you need when you need it.

Cant say that im not impressed with how he runs a buisness.

Tony.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

I was on a trip from FL to TX and stopped by his shop. I was very impressed. He took time out of his busy day to give me a tour and talk about my project. He was telling me that he is severly short handed then, it was back in July.
I sent him my intake and heads. I am a 93 so my intake is different, and powdercoated, so I wanted it back. He said thats what they port, your stuff and send them back to you. I couldnt recommend him enough. I cant say I have ever called and him not answer, during normal hours.