Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech question???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vortech question???

what is the best way to vent the engine? Has anyone made a system that will vent and collect the oil? Need some ideas.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

I vent from the rocker covers, into a baffled chamber which vents to atmos, and returns any collected fluids back into the oilpan via the oil level switch ( not fitted anymore )

My motor uses very little oil.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

I use an AMW catchcan.
Collects oil then vents back into intake.
http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm
Old 10-22-2006, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at my homepage under Vortech supercharger: venting works fine and I have no (more) oil in the SC coming from the valvacovers.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:06 AM
9 Second Club

I ran a hose from the driver side of the valve cover to the passanger side. Then I run the Metco breather on top of the oil fill. Yes it fits with the aftercooler. Then I capped off the extra ports on the passanger side valve cover and tb. Then I ordered a mcmaster check valve and added a LS6 valley cover. (Your LS1 valley is fine) Then just plumbed up from the valley to the top of the catch can and on the side of the catch can to the checkvalve to the intake. No oil @ all. Works like a champ!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:46 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I ran a hose from the driver side of the valve cover to the passanger side. Then I run the Metco breather on top of the oil fill. Yes it fits with the aftercooler. Then I capped off the extra ports on the passanger side valve cover and tb. Then I ordered a mcmaster check valve and added a LS6 valley cover. (Your LS1 valley is fine) Then just plumbed up from the valley to the top of the catch can and on the side of the catch can to the checkvalve to the intake. No oil @ all. Works like a champ!
Just what I used to do on mine worked good. but we had talked about that before JM.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:25 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Just what I used to do on mine worked good. but we had talked about that before JM.
You are the man Hows your project coming? Ive got like 2 miles on my new setup LOL
Old 10-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for the help, so is it best to vent back into the intake?? where is the best place to get a catch can?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:47 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by camarossrulz
thanks for the help, so is it best to vent back into the intake?? where is the best place to get a catch can?
Look when not under boost it will allow your motor to pull a vacum on the crank case and under boost the check valve will close and and it will vent using the metco or simular breather etc... The catch can is just to make sure no oil gets into the intake. And I like the AMW catch can, but there are others.
Jeff
Old 10-24-2006, 06:52 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

You are the man Hows your project coming? Ive got like 2 miles on my new setup LOL
I am putting the motor together I am just waiting on a few bolts and a clutch witch I ordered a million years ago, I recieved everything and it will be up and running very soon I am not going to say specificly when as I could run into problems as you know can happen etc... The kit looks great and is as to be expected. Talk to you soon.
Jeff
Old 10-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

do you have the part number for the breather? they show several diff ones, just want to make sure that I order the correct one to fit with the aftercooler
Old 10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

do you have the part number for the breather? they show several diff ones. just want to make sure that I get the correct one to fit with the aftercooler
Old 10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

jmblown what were your numbers?

inspector12 what's your new setup?

i am fixing to go pick up my car, it has the yank conv/century tranny in it now. cant wait to friggin drive it!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:31 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
jmblown what were your numbers?

inspector12 what's your new setup?

i am fixing to go pick up my car, it has the yank conv/century tranny in it now. cant wait to friggin drive it!
You wont get any numbers from me untill I get some more miles on the setup.

Im sure Jeffs trying to keep the new setup under wraps for now. But I am 100% sure it will be out soon ripping ***!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:11 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by camarossrulz
do you have the part number for the breather? they show several diff ones. just want to make sure that I get the correct one to fit with the aftercooler
Just call Thunder racing and ask for a Metco Breather for an LS1 and there is only .
Old 10-25-2006, 10:13 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

You wont get any numbers from me untill I get some more miles on the setup.

Im sure Jeffs trying to keep the new setup under wraps for now. But I am 100% sure it will be out soon ripping ***!
I have a list of people that need to have there buts kicked, but I don't know if I can do it LOL!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:53 AM
9 Second Club

I have a list of people that need to have there buts kicked, but I don't know if I can do it LOL!
It happens. Well since the cats out of the bag how are the twins doing
Old 10-26-2006, 11:45 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

It happens. Well since the cats out of the bag how are the twins doing
They are so cute LOL! Just a lot of little details since I like my car to look as good as it performs etc... Talk to you later and keep you car together this time. What happened with the turbo kit?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
9 Second Club

They are so cute LOL! Just a lot of little details since I like my car to look as good as it performs etc... Talk to you later and keep you car together this time. What happened with the turbo kit?
Dickweed backed out on buying my blower kit. So Im going to run this kit because Im in a huge argument with a mustang driver over here. Im thinking of getting his twin kit also now LOL. I like to copy Inspector12 Sorry for the hijack on the thread guys
Old 10-26-2006, 01:48 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Dickweed backed out on buying my blower kit. So Im going to run this kit because Im in a huge argument with a mustang driver over here. Im thinking of getting his twin kit also now LOL. I like to copy Inspector12 Sorry for the hijack on the thread guys
Yeah I have a guy interested in your kit call me and I'll give you his number if you want maybe you can work something out. Yeah sorry for taking over I'll try and make it up to you by offering any help you need just PM me and I'll do what I can.
Jeff

Quick Reply: Vortech question???