Notices

WTB replacement speakers for stock '02 SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB replacement speakers for stock '02 SS

Looking to replace all six of my stock speakers. Let me know what you guys got. Thanks
Old 10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

If you blew out the stock speakers I would not just replace them with another set of stock ones....I guess I am assuming here. I replaced all six of mine with some infinity kappa's from crutchfield about 6 years ago and have enjoyed them every since. The cost really is not that much more when compared to stock ones.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chino_man279
If you blew out the stock speakers I would not just replace them with another set of stock ones....I guess I am assuming here. I replaced all six of mine with some infinity kappa's from crutchfield about 6 years ago and have enjoyed them every since.
Yeah.. I wasn't looking for another set of stockers... they suck ***. Just wondering if anyone had some speakers to replace them. I'm going to head to a stereo shop today after work, and see what my options are. I was just hoping I could find a deal on here.

How do those Infinity Kappas sound? I just want something clean and tough enough to last longer than these piece of **** stockers.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

They sound great. I also changed my headunit at the same time though. I am running the Pioneer DEH-P77DH. This has also held up since 1999 or 2000(been a long time dont remember). A big problem with the sound of the stock system is the headunit lacks fine tuning controls. When you get the speakers and headunit through crutchfield you get all the installation adapters and such for free if I remember correctly. The speakers and headunit install is a breeze. The only thing I remember modifying was the radio/HVAC trim piece slightly with a dremel tool.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of sony explod for the mids if intrested, with pig tails.
FWIW I have sent a pm to some one else that is looking for spearkes as well, might be getting ahead of myself here just wanted to be on the up-n-up here.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...amaro006-1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65...amaro005-1.jpg

Would take 60.00 shipped OBO

PM or email if intrested
caspnes@comcast.net