LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Where is the oil pressure sensor on LT1? 93's KM?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where is the oil pressure sensor on LT1? 93's KM?

I was driving around one day and my Oil pressure needle started to bounce and go pretty low, like when a connection is bad or sensors going out. I looked at some pictures, pretty sure it was on this Forum, and it's where all the others are on Chev motors, back of the motor pinned up against the firewall on a 90 degree fitting. Well on the 4th Gen I know there's not much space back there anyways, but I couldn't see anything... I got one from NAPA and it was old-school style that I'm used to and like what was in the picture. Speed Density (on the forums here) mentioned it was a multifunction sensor and would be like $60, but this one wasn't since it was the run of the mill. While I was changing my O2 sensor there was a big ole sensor by the oil filter, is that what he was refering to?

Speed Density LT1's cant do the fancy LT4 KM mod can they? The picture I saw explaining how to do it had the weatherpack aluminum ECM, and mines just the standard under-the-dash style :\ Is my assumption correct?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure about the knock module i think you can...the oil sensor is in the back drivers side of the block...behind the intake...behind the egr crap...youll see it look harder...
Old 10-21-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well crap, if I can't see it while looking with the flashlight, no dice for changing it >_< I might as well tear the intake off (since it has been already by the looks of it), port the TB holes for my 58mm, block off the EGR and change that sensor

BTW, to clarify my ECM, it's still under the hood. Duh, I know
Old 10-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LT4 KM will not work for 93's but this should help.

http://www.speeddensity.org/showthread.php?t=2073
Old 10-21-2006, 03:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your oil pressure is dwindling, I would stop everything until you find the problem. Most likely, you're right, it might just be the oil pressure sending unit -- but it might be dangerous to assume anything at this point.

-The 1993 oil pressure sending unit is above the oil filter on the driver's side.
-The 1994-1997 sensors were relocated to the back of the block (behind the intake manifold).

It's already been covered, but no, the 1993 vehicles don't have knock modules, so the LT4 KM will prove little use.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, I'm all too aware of low oil pressure lol Appriciate the info guys

Quick Reply: Where is the oil pressure sensor on LT1? 93's KM?