Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The Build Begins!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking The Build Begins!!!

Dropped the car off at my buddies shop RPM last night to get started on it. I CANT WAIT so excited, it should be a monster

HPE 408 Iron Block Built by Erik
~Eagle Crank
~Callies Compstar rods
~Custom Weisco Pistons
~Compression is about 8.5 to 1

Custom 238/238 Duration Cam spec'd by Erik
Stage 3 ETP Heads
Carb Style Manifold
Nasty Performance Complete Fuel System and Tank
Nasty Performance Valve Covers
Mcleod Twin Disk
Force Fed Fabrication Single Turbo Kit w/Precision T88
Moser 9" 35 Spline axle's Gundrilled w/ 3.70 gears
HAL QA1 Shocks and Springs
Denny's Nitrous Ready Driveshaft

BMR Chassis Upgrades
~BMR K-Member
~BMR Torque Arm
~BMR Panhard Rod
~BMR Weld on subframe connectors
~BMR Upper A-Arms
~BMR Lower Control Arms

RPM Fully Built 6 Speed cryoed and micropolished

Still debating the exhaust setup, me and my buddy fran are probably going to do a custom 4" Downpipe and dump it before the axle...dont know what muffler to pick though. Fran feel free to chime in if i am forgetting anything or if ya want to add something.

Probably forgetting some stuff ill update the list when i get home. Should be a blast to drive. Pics coming soon

Last edited by BlackCamaroSS02; 10-23-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Set up looks stout.. Any info on the turbo set up itself?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately looks like a strong setup, im going through the same thing myself. The suspension and Tranny has already been done, engine is out (LS2 block) waiting on the Turbo kit to show up along with Fuel upgade along with new Cam, Rings, Crank, rods, etc. Do you think the Stage 3 ETP heads are the best? do you know anything about RHS Heads? I guess there a rebuilt ETP head from what I have been told? This is what the guy that is building my car suggests for good FI heads. Also what are the specs of the cam that you are going to be running? Are you going to be keeping your Air Conditioning? I will be running a S-85 Turbo. I ask this because your setup looks really similar to what I am doing. With that compression, how much boost do you plan on running? Do you plan on running on pump gas? How much rwhp are you going for?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by burnham187
Definately looks like a strong setup, im going through the same thing myself. The suspension and Tranny has already been done, engine is out (LS2 block) waiting on the Turbo kit to show up along with Fuel upgade along with new Cam, Rings, Crank, rods, etc. Do you think the Stage 3 ETP heads are the best? do you know anything about RHS Heads? I guess there a rebuilt ETP head from what I have been told? This is what the guy that is building my car suggests for good FI heads. Also what are the specs of the cam that you are going to be running? Are you going to be keeping your Air Conditioning? I will be running a S-85 Turbo. I ask this because your setup looks really similar to what I am doing. With that compression, how much boost do you plan on running? Do you plan on running on pump gas? How much rwhp are you going for?
guys at ETP said those stage 3 heads are pefectly fine, sorry i dont know anything about the RHS heads . The only thing i know about the cam specs is the duration i can find out everything else though just been real busy trying to get everything worked out and managing parts and money lol. I will be taking the A/C out not because i have to but because i never use it lol. Going to shoot for 800+ on pump and see if i can hit that special 1000 number on race gas

Last edited by BlackCamaroSS02; 10-22-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Superman09
Set up looks stout.. Any info on the turbo set up itself?
Force Fed Fabrications is owned by Tiago, to my knowledge he doesnt make that single kit anymore, the kit i bought was the one off his own car that made 600+ on a stock cubed/heads/cam motor before he went with the twin setup. I can PM a link to his site if you want cause i forget if he's a sponser. Its a real nice kit should make some good power. He has pics of the single kit on his page.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That setup looks definately capable of hitting 800rwhp on pump gas. Must be nice not having to have AC, it is a must where I am at, but thanks to a good OFI Turbo kit, it will allow me to keep it. Keep us posted on the build and look forward to pics.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

That setup looks definately capable of hitting 800rwhp on pump gas. Must be nice not having to have AC, it is a must where I am at, but thanks to a good OFI Turbo kit, it will allow me to keep it. Keep us posted on the build and look forward to pics.
Thanks man will do, and good luck to you also
Old 10-23-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackCamaroSS02
Dropped the car off at my buddies shop RPM last night to get started on it. I CANT WAIT so excited, it should be a monster

HPE 408 Iron Block Built by Erik
~Eagle Crank
~Callies Compstar rods
~Custom Weisco Pistons
~Compression is about 8.5 to 1

Custom 238/238 Duration Cam spec'd by Erik
Stage 3 ETP Heads
Carb Style Manifold
Nasty Performance Fuel System and Tank
Nasty Performance Valve Covers
Mcleod Twin Disk
Force Fed Fabrication Single Turbo Kit w/Precision T88
Moser 9" 35 Spline axle's Gundrilled w/ 3.70 gears
HAL QA1 Shocks and Springs
Denny's Nitrous Ready Driveshaft

BMR Chassis Upgrades
~BMR K-Member
~BMR Torque Arm
~BMR Panhard Rod
~BMR Weld on subframe connectors
~BMR Upper A-Arms
~BMR Lower Control Arms

RPM Fully Built 6 Speed cryoed and micropolished

Still debating the exhaust setup, me and my buddy fran are probably going to do a custom 4" Downpipe and dump it before the axle...dont know what muffler to pick though. Fran feel free to chime in if i am forgetting anything or if ya want to add something.

Probably forgetting some stuff ill update the list when i get home. Should be a blast to drive. Pics coming soon

If your not running bs3 or a convertor box, biggest inj's you can run from what I know is 75#ers, which is what im running right now. I was at 89% DC on my 101 oct setting and made 933 rwhp, so unless you dont care about having a higher duty cycle, chances are you wont make that power due to lack of fuel.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
If your not running bs3 or a convertor box, biggest inj's you can run from what I know is 75#ers, which is what im running right now. I was at 89% DC on my 101 oct setting and made 933 rwhp, so unless you dont care about having a higher duty cycle, chances are you wont make that power due to lack of fuel.
Well said^^^^^
Old 10-23-2006, 12:45 AM
9 Second Club

Sounds alot like my setup... except I am going twins. 9:1 comp. Good Luck man... Erik built my motor too!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

were gonna run a convertor box.... we have 83# injectors....
Old 10-23-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

sorry about that, when i said Nasty Fuel System and Tank was talking about a complete system including everything...we got it covered thanks for the input though appreciate it keep it coming
Old 10-23-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What specifically is included in the Nasty Fuel System? Did you get the specs to the Cam yet?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

What specifically is included in the Nasty Fuel System? Did you get the specs to the Cam yet?
Oh god pretty much everything, but i am pretty sure you have to call them and tell them what you plan on doing and they can put together a complete kit. The tank, all the lines, hoses, a magnafueler(i think thats what its called) 2000hp pump, all the fittings, injectors, relays, converter box etc... the guys at Nasty really did a good job putting together a complete kit, i salute them on a job well done

As for the Cam i havent found out the lift yet its a 238/238 on a 115+4 i just have been busy sorry i didnt forget though, i will try and find out wed/thur cause thats when i have off from work. Yea i know, i have weird work days lol.

Last edited by BlackCamaroSS02; 10-23-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Fran how did the Car Show go?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man your car is going to fly. Is the fuel system kit the Stage 2 Race/Street kit-up to 2000hp (1400+rwhp) at http://www.nastyperformance.com/FuelSystems.html
Old 10-23-2006, 09:55 AM
10 Second Club

wow man, looks like its gonna be a killer setup.

i'm jealous.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TrakDay
Sounds alot like my setup... except I am going twins. 9:1 comp. Good Luck man... Erik built my motor too!
was wondering why you were ditching the F1 set up.

Now we know now.

looks like you're going towards a race car now that is streetable. why not try the 4l80e and have overdrive?
at the cost you're spending its only a couple grand more, what's money right?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
was wondering why you were ditching the F1 set up.

Now we know now.

looks like you're going towards a race car now that is streetable. why not try the 4l80e and have overdrive?
at the cost you're spending its only a couple grand more, what's money right?
Its not really an option at this point to change transmissions again. Everything I got is going into the Stenod TT build. Maybe down the road I will get a new tranny, but for around town driving the th400 works out just fine for me!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

is this the RPM in VA or NC?

Quick Reply: The Build Begins!!!