Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing steering pump in my 2000 LS1 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default removing steering pump in my 2000 LS1 camaro

i'm in the process of doing self ported heads TSP 233/239 cam qtp 1-3/"4 hvm headers......etc to my 2000 LS1 camaro. i want to remove the steering pump there is a bolt at the upper left side of the steering pump, how to remove it? do i need to take the steering pump pulley off to remove that bolt?

thanks.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From http://www.bowlingss.com/Head%20Repl...eplacement.mht

The removal of the power steering pump. Rather than remove the pulley and take the pump off the bracket, we'll just remove the whole unit assembled. This takes some patience...about 10 minutes of slow wrenching. Use the stubby 15mm wrench and using the open end, loosen each bolt a little at a time to slowly work the bracket slowly off the head. The bottom bolt will be a little hard to get due to a power steering line, but it can be gently held out of the way by a helper. The far drivers side bolt will also be a little blocked, and this is why you need to slowly work your way around the bolts and turn each one a few turns at a time...all while pulling the bracket off the head. It sounds complicated, but its not. You'll figure it out when you see it...its easy.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Quick Reply: removing steering pump in my 2000 LS1 camaro