New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy Here

Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Here

I just bought my first Trans Am back in September...2000 Black Stick Shift...Its all stock and I am interested in attempting to get up to speed with the hps the new LS6 has...I have already ordered some long tube headers with a 3 inch collector...the Y pipe and i am working on a inexpensive decent exhaust...I am currently debating on purchasing the LS6 intake manifold...would that help...and SLP airbox lid is on its way to replace the stock lid...any other suggestions?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you are on the right track, as there are many options. Here are a few I would suggest in a general (but not necessarily written in stone) order of priority:

For Power:

First read all stickies on LS1Tech.com -then:
Lid
Catback (or true duals if you wish)
LT headers / ORY (or true duals if you wish)
Port throttle body
LS6 intake
Tune
NOS
cam
Heads
Forced Induction

Other non-power (but still great) mods:

Shifter
Gears
Suspension
Wheels
Tires
Rear end
Clutch

Just a few ideas for you to think about. It really comes down to what you want to accomplish and how much money do you want to spend to do it. The search function works well on this site as most (if not all) of these topics have already been addressed in the past. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/361959-so-you-wanna-fast.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/520845-mod-guide-induction-exhaust-please-read-before-posting.html

Search this Thread