Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No start/spark help-6.0L in a CJ5

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start/spark help-6.0L in a CJ5

I had what seemed like a misfire, but when I traced it down, I had good spark. I finally decided it was a bad injector. I removed the two bolts holding the rail in place and lifted it high enogh to remove the offending injector. Sure enough it was all plugged up. I replaced the injector and put the rail back in place. When I tried to start the engine, it would not fire. I also noticed that the fuel pump did not pressurize. Pulled the fuses one by one to see if any were blown-all good. When I turned the key after checking fuses the pump pressurized. Thought it would fire right up-NO. I checked for spark and there is none at any plug. Do any of you guys that work on these things for a living have any ideas? Thanks Aaron
Old 10-23-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you sure you have everything wired correctly, and what did you do about VATS?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thing is this is a running conversion. I have already put at least 5000 miles on it. The only thing I did was pull the rail to change the injector and when I put it together-no spark. How would a person diagnos a no spark situation with one of these engines? What supplies power to the coils?

Thanks

Quick Reply: No start/spark help-6.0L in a CJ5