Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tex install complete

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tex install complete

Just finished putting in the tex tonight...I thought I had no clutch pressure until my buddy got in it and said it was fine...I had a spec 3+ and the pedal was really firm and I liked it...I forgot what a stock like pedal felt like until tonight...barely let of and it engages...This is one clutch you can slip easily if you want to...I'll finish the break in and let everyone know how it is....I also finished installing my 9 inch and bmr stuff as well...wish me luck
Old 10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

So yours has 3 inches of travel engagement as well? That is definately not stock, I just went from a Z06 Clutch to the Textralia and there is near ZERO engagement travel and mine has a shim in it. It wouldn't bother me if the pedal didn't still have 8 inches total travel. If it was 4 inches from floor to completely disengaged I would be fine with it because I could keep my heel permanently stuck to the floor. Grabs good though, I am getting wheelhop from the clutch grabbing so hard. I am going to give it some breakin time for the clutch AND driver, maybe I will end up liking it. I noticed I haven't overslipped the clutch as much as usual.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Textralia clutches are not suposed to use a shim behind the slave cylinder. Maybe that is your problem???
Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Blue Meanie I think you missed what he was saying. He had a spec 3+ clutch in the car prior to the Tex and it was much more stiff on the pedal the the Tex is.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

No I got what he was saying, I just kind of imposed in my mind what is happening to me, my bad. I got mine installed today. The clutch was almost to the floor before the shim, as if the slave went bad. NLP told me it was a common problem they have run into with the Textralia, so I am just eager to hear everyones feedback on the clutches. I am also getting a pretty bad shudder right now if I don't slip the hell out of it. But I think that is a byproduct of the clutches grip, my big cam, and 3.42 gears.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getusum
Just finished putting in the tex tonight...I thought I had no clutch pressure until my buddy got in it and said it was fine...I had a spec 3+ and the pedal was really firm and I liked it...I forgot what a stock like pedal felt like until tonight...barely let of and it engages...This is one clutch you can slip easily if you want to...I'll finish the break in and let everyone know how it is....I also finished installing my 9 inch and bmr stuff as well...wish me luck
Congrats on the new clutch.....I just got mine put in a few days ago and know what your saying about the firmness compared to the 3+. Hopefully this clutch will last me longer than my Spec 3+, it only lasted 2K miles.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

How far off the floor is the engagement for you guys? How's the range of engagement? Does it feel like an on/off switch?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
How far off the floor is the engagement for you guys? How's the range of engagement? Does it feel like an on/off switch?
Mine engages about 2inches off the floor and grabs hard.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Mine engages at the same point the stock clutch did.

The chatter will go away with a few hundred miles. Mine was kinda bad at first and now it drives real close to stock with a TINY bit of chatter if I slip it too much. BTW, I have the "z" grip disc.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Mine engages about 2inches off the floor and grabs hard.
Same here. I've put 500 miles on the clutch already so I took it out and hammered on it when I went to pick up dinner. I am starting to get used to it. I just backed in and out of a parking lot space to get the hang of it. PISSED of the rent-a-cop patroling the lot. But its getting smoother.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine drives like stock.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

About 1.5"-2" off of the floor it starts to engage. Very light pedal. Nice.

I've got the "X" grip (street) clutch plate.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

I love this clutch!!!!!! I was cruising around 70 mbh @ 3200 rmp..nailed it to the floor and the *** wanted to get away....can't wait to do my first 6k dump...looking for draglites and tires right now......
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
No I got what he was saying, I just kind of imposed in my mind what is happening to me, my bad. I got mine installed today. The clutch was almost to the floor before the shim, as if the slave went bad. NLP told me it was a common problem they have run into with the Textralia, so I am just eager to hear everyones feedback on the clutches. I am also getting a pretty bad shudder right now if I don't slip the hell out of it. But I think that is a byproduct of the clutches grip, my big cam, and 3.42 gears.
No problem, I just misunderstood what you were saying I think. You don't know what thickness shim you have in do you? I'm within a few days of my install (waiting on the ARP bolts) and I won't be able to live with the release point being at or near the floor
Old 10-25-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

you guys are saying this clutch has a lighter pedal feel then a spec 3? thats interesting because it has a much higher power rating. nice!