Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

billet grille project

Old 10-24-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default billet grille project

so im going outside to put the LAST coat of clear on my newly gloss black sprayed billet grille and i come out to see the F*$@ing sprinklers turned on!!!! i was so freakin pissed, i live in an apartment so i dont really know the cycle of the sprinklers. i came out to see that 3 of the bars had turned white because of the still wet first coat of clear i put on earlier. so after wetsanding the grille, spraying 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of gloss black, and 2 coats of clear, i get kicked in the *** HARD. i ended up sanding the 3 bars back down and as of now im going to let the rest of the bars dry over night then tomorrow or the next day ill cover the already sprayed bars and redo the other 3... what a wippen
Old 10-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mellis028
so im going outside to put the LAST coat of clear on my newly gloss black sprayed billet grille and i come out to see the F*$@ing sprinklers turned on!!!! i was so freakin pissed, i live in an apartment so i dont really know the cycle of the sprinklers. i came out to see that 3 of the bars had turned white because of the still wet first coat of clear i put on earlier. so after wetsanding the grille, spraying 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of gloss black, and 2 coats of clear, i get kicked in the *** HARD. i ended up sanding the 3 bars back down and as of now im going to let the rest of the bars dry over night then tomorrow or the next day ill cover the already sprayed bars and redo the other 3... what a wippen
Dude that sucks! Sorry to hear that... I feel your pain, modding a car in an apartment complex is a b!tch!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks , but it'll look alot better once its black

Search this Thread