General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

p0171 Lean Bank 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p0171 Lean Bank 1

I'm sure these threads pop up all the time, so I'm going to try and make this one a little different.

I Have a ported MAF, which during the summer was doing awesome, but it's starting to get colder now, which is where I think I'm running into a problem. Colder, denser air is packing my #7 cylinder and making me run lean and throw codes.

THe Normally suggested fix is to throw the stock MAF on, but I'm looking for alternatives here. Can I boost injector size? Fuel line pressure (I need to change my fuel filter, might that be causing it?). Basically anything BUT the MAF.

I know it's not my O2 sensor, because when it warms up outside, if I clear the computer, the code won't come back until it gets back below about 40 degrees.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your not going to be able to just throw an injector on there....and changing fuel line pressure wont do anything....if its only one cylinder throwing that lean code, your going to run into more trouble trying to fix that one cylinder issue....your not gaining much from a ported maf anyway, and if throwing the stocker on there has fixed the problem that is your best solution instead of tryin to change soooo many different things
Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to change all of my injectors, mainly because I'll be stroking out this motor fairly soon. I was just curious if I did it now, would the added fuel flow help with the lean mixture in #7?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

changing fuel injectors wont have anything to do without how lean or rich the car is going to run...thats just hardware that makes it able to push more fuel in...its the software...the pcm thats going to tell the car what it needs to do ....the problem is, just telling one cylnder to do something totally different then the other 7 is a major pita.....

Quick Reply: p0171 Lean Bank 1