Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

how do i wire up & install an inline pump??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default how do i wire up & install an inline pump??

i already have a racetronix kit, i was gonna add a BAP but ive seen people add an inline 255l pump and they made 600RWHP with it, more then a BAP was able to do, how do i wire it up? do i just put it before the fuel filter? after the filter? put it on a hobbs switch (prob not though)? just wire it up to the racetronix wire from the alt? thankx guys,
also id liek to hear reasons y i should not do a 255 inline
Old 10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would like a link on how to install a inline pump. It dont seem hard but i would like to look at it done right

ttt
Old 11-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too. I talked with Kinsler and they told me I needed an inline pump and set up a system. So now I have a pre filter, a pump, and a post filter, I need to figure out how to get it installed. I think I need to "sump" the fuel tank as they told me to run a line into the tank (eliminate the in tank pump) and run the lines out to the filters and pump. I have no idea what I just got into! Do I need a new tank? Anyone have any suggestions?
Should I just stick with the 255 intank? Kinsler told me the 255 would not fuel my injectors, and thus I would run into fuel delivery problems.
I have a 408 iron stroker, with a super charger, it has 55# injectors and I have a boost a pump I need to install too! I am trying to get this all done and get the car going again! Any help would be great!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It goes before the filter. Here are some installation guides: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/support/I would still go with the BAP. My 255 intank and bap are supporting my 550 rwhp set up with no issues.

Quick Reply: how do i wire up & install an inline pump??