Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resonating noise with no cats-Kooks\Borla

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Resonating noise with no cats-Kooks\Borla

Just curious if anyone has this real annoying resonating noise with the Kooks Headers and race y-pipe and a borla exhaust. Its pretty bad in the 2500 to 3000 rpm range. But unless you have full throttle its always there.

I had other headers with the y pipe with cats and a slp loudmouth and borla bullet muffler exhaust and never experienced the resonating I am getting now.
But when I gutted the cats on that Y pipe it resonated just as bad as it does now.

The shop that put the headers on said the cats doesn't affect the noise or resonation but I tend to disagree by my experience.

Does anyone have the Kook Headers with catted Y pipe and an after market exhaust preferrably the Borla, wondering if that resonates...

Thanks,

Sam
Old 10-28-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Pacesetter LT's, ORY and a Borla w/no plate and get no resonating. I am on a stock internal engine though. Some people say they get it and some don't. I think if you had cat's you'd get rid of the unwanted noise. I hope once I do a cam I don't get it.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

may wanna try putting a bullet in the I pipe