Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

how to supercharge

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to supercharge

i have a 98 z28 with low miles and it seems that supercharging the car is the easiest and most economical way to add a lot of hp, but i am unsure on how to go about it, like what needs to be done to the car prior, or what kit to buy and so on. keep in mind that i am on a students budget.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to be honest being on a budget and going FI is gonna be a tough job. what are your goals. set a base of how fast do you really want you car. i say if youre bone stock or even just bolt on.. like some would say "get your feet wet first" meaning once you slap on the power if you dont know how to drive it your asking for trouble.being on a budget go with nitrous first and put yourself into the 500hp/tq level and spend only about a grand sure you gotta fill your bottle more but its winter soon and there is no way youre going to be able to put power to the ground in the wet. but that just opinion as ive done both now
Old 10-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Teching In

well driving the car with that much power is no problem for me, i have actually driven faster in driving school, but i would like to put out around the 500-550 hp range but i don't really want to go w/ nitrious, just becasue of all the horror stories i have heard, i like to go with the proven thing
Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

$5000+ procharger, fmic
then youll need rear end upgrades if you havent got them already 2000+
fuel upgrades. on boost i did a full system upgrade that put me about $2600, you can never have too much available fuel but you can always run out....

btw horror stories are only from user error. i know by experience. but i chose to go FI all in all im in almost 20k maybe i lost count
Old 10-27-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

i dont like saying this, but read the stickies. there is really no budget FI setup. cost of parts, install, tune, and fuel upgrades, your going to be around $6-7K. and with that kind of power your going to break something, so add another $2k in reserves. my best advice is like what was said before, get some bolt-ons and a 150 shot. you will be near 500 hp, and at a third of the price. plus you wont have any driveability issues. but if your dead set on FI, take a look at the rear mounted sts set-up. easy to upgrade, and kits start around $4k. good luck and safe driving

J
Old 10-28-2006, 07:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....php?service=5
Our fully installed price on an ATI ProCharger D-1SC.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...php?service=66
I put this link together for items that may help you out. Bob
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great Sticky write ups on this forum, start with this one.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/567592-real-price-forced-induction.html
Old 10-28-2006, 10:18 AM
7 Second Club

budget and FI? you can ****** forget it... I've soaked more than 8K in just the USED d1kit with FMIC and fuel.... to be honest i wish i had stayed with the nitrous.... it was a big cluster **** under the hood but now the cluster **** has moved to my checking account.... i've got more in the blower parts and fuel then i have in my ******* motor.... my motor is a 408 32+cc (needed extra clearancing for a big cam) callies rods, eagle crank thats been welded up....

i vote no for FI in school....

Quick Reply: how to supercharge