Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about intake on my new beast

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about intake on my new beast

This is just barely bolted together. I wanted to make sure I had all the bolts and knew what I was doing, I will finish it off on Monday. Thought I would show you guys what it came out like! I have WAY more pictures if anyone is interested.
New 408 iron block
Eagle 4" forged stroker crank
Mahle 32cc pistons
Scat H-beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts
Custom ground Comp Cam
TSP heads with SS valves, CNC ported, dual springs and ti retainers
ARP head studs
I ported and shimmed the oil pump myself
HMMM not to much more I don't think. The Vortech Supercharger will top it off when it is reinstalled. All of it is going into a 2002 CETA thus the black and yellow scheme!

Oh yess and the reason I posted in here was to ask about the intake.
I read somewhere that GM states you DO NOT reuse the intake manifold if the engine has a peice that breaks, in my case the piston #7 broke, SO do I really need to change the intake manifold? AND with the set up I have, should I go with a FAST intake or is this one okay?
Attached Thumbnails Question about intake on my new beast-new-front.jpg   Question about intake on my new beast-new-crank.jpg   Question about intake on my new beast-new-pass-side.jpg  

Last edited by Mrs. Ronin; 10-28-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Banned

as long as you carefully check it for broken pieces i don't see why you couldn't reuse it.Unless there are places inside the intake little parts of metal could get trapped.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be fine, just check out the intake for pieces then strap it back on.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what kind of intake is it? is it an LS6 or just an LS1? anyways, you have dumped all this money into it already, why not go with the FAST?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in your case,a fast may be a worthwhile thing. its FI which is 1 thing a FAST intake is good for
Old 10-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

I was wondering about that. Seeing as it is FI I am sure it is getting TONS of air, will the FAST intake make that much more difference?

I have looked in the stock intake and blown it out and I don't know where any debris would hide but the book did say not to re use it? I don't get it.
PLUS the way the car broke, the only damage I ever saw in the whole thing was the chunk missing from the top of the piston. No damage to the valves or heads or anything else. I don't understand the logic behind the warning.