Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap help

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default swap help

I just swaped the LT1 in my 95 3.4 V6 camaro. The LT1 has 54k miles on it and I didnt think that the plugs and wires would need changed so I didnt do it now I have it all put togher and it runs like ****. Its not changing gears right either/ its an automatic trans, changed filter and fluid. It starts up ok but has no power and is running realy rough. It changes gears at like 3500 rpms into second gear. Im sick from the money and all the work I did. I stripped the wrecked camaro I bought and stripped my camaro bought all parts as needed all in 7 days. If anyone has any helpful info please let me know thanks.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What year is the LT1 ? Get a scanner and check for codes and other running parameters. What was the LT1 running like before you pulled it ? Did u do a leak down test or compression check of the engine, that will be a good indication of the health of the engine (valves, rings, etc).

What do the plugs look like. did u change them?
Check the firing order of the plug wires.
Any wires to the sensor damage ?
Fuel pressure good and clean ?
Check for leaks around the intake and T/B.

Just check everything again.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lt1 is a1995. I didnt change anythingcause before It got swaped it was running good. The car was wrecked to bad to fix but it was driveable.