Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***no Oil Pressure! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 10:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ***no Oil Pressure! Help!!!

***I had a new oil pump put in ~1000 miles ago when I went turbo and it has been FINE. Pressure has always been through the roof. Now zero after the change. It drove fine all day before this.

So I changed my oil tonight. Used the K/N HP-2006 (the taller version of the LS1 filter), filled the filter before I installed it, and poured in the usual 5.5-5.75 quarts of Mobil1 10-30. Start my car......ZERO oil pressure.

So I double check the filter....nice and tight, so this time I prime it by turning the car over for ~10 seconds without any spark. Then I try to start it and it still has zero pressure and starts to sound like ****.

I pull the filter and was surprised to see NO oil spilling everywhere.

WTF is wrong. Help.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope someone can help you out bc I had a similar problem with mine and is why i'm pulling it out tomorrow. I put the motor in and the drove it home 50 miles and the next day the oil pressure wouldn't come up. I put the pump off my 4.8 on and pressure went up to 40psi at idle then slowly day to day went down and was only about 15psi and then I spun a rod bearing which is why i'm pulling it out.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My pressure has always been through the roof. The pump worked flawlessly for ~750-1000 miles including ~50 miles today for errands.

FYI--It is the GM high performance high volume oil pump purchased from SPDC.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a problem like this and was wondering if there have been any stock pump failures lately? I was out on the highway and went from 6th to 4th to pass and all of a sudden my turbo oil pump warning came on and the pressure droped to zero. Luckly I shut it off and costed off the road. There are no leaks and the dipstick shows full.