Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pre-Cut window tint

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pre-Cut window tint

Just curious if anyone has ever used or had any experiences with those pre-cut tint sheets they sell on ebay. Doesn't seem like a bad deal considering I've tinted cars before and the biggest pain in the *** is cutting and forming the tint. Doesn't seem too bad for $40 that even includes some razor blades and a squeegee. Plus you can get them in any shades you want

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWD1V

Item: 140040646491

Reason I ask is because the cheapest quote i got to do the entire car with one piece on the back glass was $270 and only a 2 year warranty
Old 10-31-2006, 03:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought those for my pickup. perfect fit,easy install. Was my first time. I couldnt imagine trying the back window on any LS1 though I would get so frustrated something would break.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

im gettin those for my daily driver, but i wouldnt imagine doin the back of an fbody lol thats a hard task
Old 10-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Well I've used a heat gun to shrink tint down before, im thinking if I could just take the whole damn hatch off, flip it over and work on it there. But glad to see at least someone's used them with good results
Old 10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm I wonder how good it looks!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Black Pearl
Hmm I wonder how good it looks!

Pre cut Tint on my Dodge:
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now you got me thinking. I have the back done already, all I need is the side windows. This might be the way to go for me
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Teching In

ya, i had the back done professionaly and ordered the sides on ebay, did it myself, they fit perfectly. still have a few bubbles that need to dry out, but they look awesome
Old 11-29-2006, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

I tint windows as a weekend job on the side with professional tint. This pre-cut tint isnt very expensive for pre-cut tint and would be a pretty decent choice for side windows and trucks. The flip side of it is that if you put one crease in the tint you are screwed and you'll have to order a new set (if thats how it works) I would not recommend it for back windows of cars that need heat shrinking. Make sure you know what you are doing somewhat as far as soap and precedure. You have one shot at it. I've done hundreds of windows and still mess up from time to time.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I tried this last night and uggh....was awful!! I was confident I could do it since I installed several stripe kits on cars but this was a job from hell. The tint was really nice but we did get a kink in it by accident and like the above poster said...you're screwed if that happens. After an hour of working with trying to get most of the creases and bubbles out I gave up and ripped it off and threw it into a ball

I am going to call a guy that quoted me a price of $125 to do just the back window and see if he'd be willing to install the pre-cut piece before I buy another one. I will not attempt to do the back window myself again....sides yes but not the rear
Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

my experience is no window is the same. with a closed frame window, i can cut both the drivers and passanger side of tint and not be that big of a deal, but on open frame windows, especially f-body's, my boss and I noticed that the curve isn't always exactly perfect...that could be room for "error" however i'm sure that pre-cut tint doesn't have nearly as close of a line as i do at work...just my $0.02....and damn $270 for a whole car, we charge $199 for a 2 door car and our tint has a lifetime warranty!

Quick Reply: Pre-Cut window tint