Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Head Gaskets, free replacements from LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blown Head Gaskets, free replacements from LG Motorsports

I just wanted to take a few moments and tell everyone on here about how well you get treated by Lou Gigliotti owner of LG Motorsports and his staff after the check clears.

First things first I have a set of blown head gaskets that were newly installed with the AFR 205 head purchase. After just over 4000 miles I began getting white smoke in the exhaust (coolant in the motor) < racing > . Then noticed my coolant level had dipped. Losing coolant where? No leaks to be found. Then my starter broke indicating I had accumulated some coolant in the cylinders creating hydro lock and killing my starter.

Now for the treatment after the check cleared..........

Absolutely first rate !!!! Everyone was very sympathetic about my complaint and very willing to help me resolve the issue I was having. I had 1 of 2 options: 1st I can get the car there and Lou will fix it for free, or 2nd Lou will send me replacement gaskets, and a set of ARP head bolts (big job ahead of me this spring). I opted to have the gaskets and bolts sent. A lot of places may not have been as nice and said ok this is how much more money its going to cost and sorry about your luck. So 2 thumbs up to Lou Gigliotti and his crew at LG Motorsports. Thanks for the free gaskets and head bolts. Bobby said he was shipping them on 10/30/06 Will let you know how the tear down and install goes in a few months. Will be visiting you guys again on my next vacation to get those G2 coilovers and the trans/diff pump installed.

I just wanted everyone to know how well LG Motorsports takes care of their customers after the check clears. Thanks again (Bobby) for the free replacement items that are being shipped. Just one of the reasons I am so glad I went to LG Motorsports "where money buys speed" I am very pleased that Lou cares for the customer too and not just the money. Good luck on your final World GT Challange race !!! After the head gaskets are installed I won't be racing like I used to, I'll get on it but I won't be beating the hell outta her trying to run over 190 anymore.

It will be a long and difficult task but I think my partner and I can handle it with some help from LS1howto.com and maybe a few calls to LG Motorsports if we get stuck along the way. John has been a mechanic for over 20 years, but only has done a few jobs on LS1 vehicles (Camaros and a Firebird) and is a bit apprehensive to work on my Corvette.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news that it wasn't something worse, and good luck on the repair!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

You're lucky to deal with a good shop.
190 mph (304 km/hr) could be determined as abuse by a lot of others.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
You're lucky to deal with a good shop.
190 mph (304 km/hr) could be determined as abuse by a lot of others.
Great shop, and great people, that's why I send people to them.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gannet
Great news that it wasn't something worse, and good luck on the repair!
Thanks bro. She isn't torn apart yet. So I hope when we tear her down I don't find anything that's messed up. I just want to get her back together and enjoy driving it again. I must have been driving her tooooo hard and the head gaskets gave way. So you live and learn. I am just dissappointed that my gaskets had no issue at all with just over 400 rwhp while she was cam only. Then 4000 miles after the head install the new gaskets fail??? I drove her pretty hard when she was cam only and no failures. Only after the head swap did I run into a problem. Bad luck , and hard driving really stuck it to me.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lou and his staff are good people!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I just wanted to take a few moments and tell everyone on here about how well you get treated by Lou Gigliotti owner of LG Motorsports and his staff after the check clears.

First things first I have a set of blown head gaskets that were newly installed with the AFR 205 head purchase. After just over 4000 miles I began getting white smoke in the exhaust (coolant in the motor) < racing > . Then noticed my coolant level had dipped. Losing coolant where? No leaks to be found. Then my starter broke indicating I had accumulated some coolant in the cylinders creating hydro lock and killing my starter.

Now for the treatment after the check cleared..........

Absolutely first rate !!!! Everyone was very sympathetic about my complaint and very willing to help me resolve the issue I was having. I had 1 of 2 options: 1st I can get the car there and Lou will fix it for free, or 2nd Lou will send me replacement gaskets, and a set of ARP head bolts (big job ahead of me this spring). I opted to have the gaskets and bolts sent. A lot of places may not have been as nice and said ok this is how much more money its going to cost and sorry about your luck. So 2 thumbs up to Lou Gigliotti and his crew at LG Motorsports. Thanks for the free gaskets and head bolts. Bobby said he was shipping them on 10/30/06 Will let you know how the tear down and install goes in a few months. Will be visiting you guys again on my next vacation to get those G2 coilovers and the trans/diff pump installed.

I just wanted everyone to know how well LG Motorsports takes care of their customers after the check clears. Thanks again (Bobby) for the free replacement items that are being shipped. Just one of the reasons I am so glad I went to LG Motorsports "where money buys speed" I am very pleased that Lou cares for the customer too and not just the money. Good luck on your final World GT Challange race !!! After the head gaskets are installed I won't be racing like I used to, I'll get on it but I won't be beating the hell outta her trying to run over 190 anymore.

It will be a long and difficult task but I think my partner and I can handle it with some help from LS1howto.com and maybe a few calls to LG Motorsports if we get stuck along the way. John has been a mechanic for over 20 years, but only has done a few jobs on LS1 vehicles (Camaros and a Firebird) and is a bit apprehensive to work on my Corvette.
They made enough money on you the first time around that they can send stuff out like that for free...You ultimately are paying for it one way or another however youw ant to look at it..
Old 10-31-2006, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

What kind of head gaskets were you using?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
They made enough money on you the first time around that they can send stuff out like that for free...You ultimately are paying for it one way or another however youw ant to look at it..
Haha yup for sure. The boy has enough sense to know you get what you pay for, and he's paid for the best. Good move!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jub jub
Lou and his staff are good people!

That is why I send people to them when asked about my setup and how do I like this or that. I totally endorse LG Motorsports. Sean Burt does incredible work, and Mikey is the man. Bobby and Anthony answer the phones and help you package your order and try to save you some money any way possible. Lou Gigliotti is very generous, he allowed me to leave his shop not once but twice owing him money. No contract signed, just on my word. I've got the receipts to prove I am a man of my word. Thanks again Lou for the time to pay my debt to you on both occasions. I can't see Lou doing this for everyone, but I can say he did it for me.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by N4cer
What kind of head gaskets were you using?
LS1/LS6 style GM Performance I believe ( OEM ) The Cometics would not seal properly.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

So they were the MLS, or the graphite? Just wondering. I'm using the GM MLS gaskets without problems, but wanna know what to prepare for.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

So they were the MLS, or the graphite? Just wondering. I'm using the GM MLS gaskets without problems, but wanna know what to prepare for.
Whatever OEM were made of bro.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Well, that's what I'm saying. They made OEM gaskets in 2 different types. Some years of LS1 got the .055" graphite ones that are a real pain to get off during a swap. Other newer years got the .060" multi-layered steel (MLS) gaskets. No biggie. Just wondered. And by the way... you have one sweet setup.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, that's what I'm saying. They made OEM gaskets in 2 different types. Some years of LS1 got the .055" graphite ones that are a real pain to get off during a swap. Other newer years got the .060" multi-layered steel (MLS) gaskets. No biggie. Just wondered. And by the way... you have one sweet setup.
I know when they put the new ones on at LG, they were steel and sealed without any problems at all. So I guess they used the .060" MLS. The .040 or .045" cometics let coolant run out near the #2 cylinder. They wouldn't seal at all.

Thanks for the compliment. Currently though my setup is making 0 rwhp and 0 rwtq. LOL. I'll be back. Saving some money by not running full coverage, my storage insurance protects against total loss as long as I don't drive it.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I know when they put the new ones on at LG, they were steel and sealed without any problems at all. So I guess they used the .060" MLS. The .040 or .045" cometics let coolant run out near the #2 cylinder. They wouldn't seal at all.

Thanks for the compliment. Currently though my setup is making 0 rwhp and 0 rwtq. LOL. I'll be back. Saving some money by not running full coverage, my storage insurance protects against total loss as long as I don't drive it.
What's the story on the cometrics? $140 a pair and they don't seal? The GM gaskets are $28 a pair and they do the job.I was going to use the cometrics when I put my new heads on but I don't want to throw $140 out the window. Do you know why they didn't work?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear about your problem, glad to hear about the solution. With that said I am running .040 Cometics with zero problems on my H/C setup, so that leaves me a little confused why they wouldn't work for you
Old 10-31-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by YankeeVert.
What's the story on the cometrics? $140 a pair and they don't seal? The GM gaskets are $28 a pair and they do the job.I was going to use the cometrics when I put my new heads on but I don't want to throw $140 out the window. Do you know why they didn't work?
Don't know why they wouldn't seal. Maybe we just had a bad set. I wasn't charged for them so no worries, but I wish Lou would have authorized Sean to attempt installing a different set. I certainly won't place any blame on Sean Burt. Sean knows his stuff, and was able to complete 2 weeks worth of work in 4 1/2 days, including a pretty damn good tune. Anyways if the Cometics would have sealed I probably wouldn't have been dealing with this situation right now.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

This is why i bought my stuff from them I emailed called them a few times with questions and I got answers immediately and very very good customer service. I'm in the parts business and I know just by talking to people over the phone if there going to be good or not. I've been doing it for 10 years and that's how I want my guys to be with customers.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's good to see praise given for someone going above and beyond. I imagine the sponsors get put in a lot of tough places given how most of the products they sell are used.

Goes to show you get what you pay for. Anyone can sell the parts - it service that sets you apart from everyone else. Kudos to LG!