LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 tuning help needed inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LT1 tuning help needed inside!!!

I'd like to see if any of ya can help me. I'm working on a 95 Camaro. It has a Whipple blown 383 LT1 in it. It runs like total crap. If ya try to rev on it it backfires in the intake big time and it runs lean on a wideband O2 sensor. It was supposed to have a mail order tune in it. I just bought the TunerCat software so I can try to get it running right. My question is what parameters need to be modified for the supercharger? I found a parameter in the tunercat that lets you change to speed density. Is that a good idea?? I don't see much in the tunercat software thats related to the Mass Airflow Meter. I see that most of the tuning parameters are related to the MAP sensor, so where does the MAF fit in on tuning? What parameters effect fuel enrichment when you rev the throttle?
any help will be greatly appriciated.
thanks
Randy
Old 10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Launching!

I would try a mail order tuner that is familiar with the LTX engines. like madz28.com
Old 10-31-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

from my understanding the maf will pretty well adapt to the conditions its given. switching to speed density would not be a good idea because it cant adapt as well as your maf can. if you get in touch with tunercat they can probably help you out with some of the stuff you need to know. i for one am not willing to risk tuning my own car, id rather pay someone who knows what theyre doing. but some of the others on here can tell you more than i have.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned

If not sure if Madz28 is a great place to go for a supercharged car, although I might be wrong.
Madman at thunder racing is very familiar with S/c's and LT1 tuning.
But to start...

-Does the motor start hard? Whats it idle like?
-Does is burn anything... any strange fumes?
-Does the S/c have a boost and/or temp gauge? What do they read?
-What was the car like before? Did it ever run correctly? Did you ever ride in it before?
-What other mods does the car have?
-Has the PCM ever been tuned before?

Quick Reply: LT1 tuning help needed inside!!!