Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats involved in switching to a t-56 (wiring & computer)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats involved in switching to a t-56 (wiring & computer)

well i have a wiring harness for a 5.3l lm7 engine and 4l60e transmission. the computer i have is out of a 2001 ls1 trans am (auto). i want to use a t56 with the lm7 in my datsun. what would i have to do in terms of the computer and wiring to do this. ive heard of many people switching from 4l60e's to t56's. i have to get vats and rear o2 sensors deleted from the computer anyway, could i just ask them to delete the auto trans functions, or could i just simply unplug it and make sure the nutral saftey switch is in neutral? would i have any driveablilty problems if i just unplug the auto trans?

any input would help
Old 11-01-2006, 06:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the PCM it needs to be reflashed to the manual program. I converted my harness from auto to manual. It is mainly removing a bunch of wires. I saved the connectors from the A/C or EVAP can't remember which one and used one of them for the reverse lockout.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wondering why it needs to be reflashed? In my case I'll be using a Porsche trans and I believe my PCM is from an auto so I wondering if I'll need it also.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The PCM will need to be reflashed because the auto PCM has complete control over the trans. It controls all the shift solenoids and will be looking for signals from them and the trans fluid temp signal etc. If it does not see the signals it will start throwing codes and check engine lights. The manual trans PCM`s just look for a few inputs like the VSS. If you are running a Porsche trans you would need the PCM reprogrammed so that it is not looking for all the shift solenoids and other signals from the trans.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had to convert my harness to work with the T56. All you need is to provide for the reverse lockout. The auto harness should already have a connector for the VSS

I have some details on my homepage under 'electrical'
Old 11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have not looked at the differences between the two and maybe there are not any but check starter location, you have a fly wheel vs flexplate change when going from auto to standard
Old 11-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Launching!

I am trying to see if I can convert a m6 harness to an A4. I would need the wires you remove from your harness. Pm sent