Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

racing seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default racing seats?

My stock seat is starting to get worn...has a hole in it. So i was thinking about swapping it for a racing seat..somethign cheap that would hold me into the seat wheel. and be fairly comfortable driving everyday. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow..no body has aftermarket seats?
Old 11-01-2006, 06:04 PM

APC, Ebay.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by davered00ss
APC, Ebay.
I'm not asking where to get them, just rying to see people's experiences with them.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

corbeau legacy, couldnt be happier
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine....Had them all of about two weeks....best investment ever made short of my swaybars

Mounted to the stock rails..so I still have electric seat flexability
TECH Fanatic

apc is crap
Old 11-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Originally Posted by presto_z
apc is crap

i have heard good things about the APC race and super race seats
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've always thought of apc as ricer ****. I saw they're seats in the summit catalog, i like them, besides the massive "APC" on the head rest. I could never put that in my car like that.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes the apc logo is gay and i think of apc as ricer crap even though its an acrynm for american product company... i had the super race seats in my 95 camaro in the gray carbon and black suade, they hit the center console and if i had a center console lid it wouldnt have even opened fully (it flipped strait up not to the side so yours may work), and they hit the door panel also, making you have to bend in the side in order for it to clear properly (and it still rubbed) after about 8 months or so the suade started to fade very badly (turning almost orange)..... and the suade started to seperate from the carbon material.... also the apc has no quick way to tilt the seat forward, instead u have to turn a *** a bunch of times, really a PITA when u have to load 3 ppl in ur car when it is raining.... and the seat belt is on your neck, so i always wore it behind me which is deff. not safe.....

the only reason why i bought the seats is that the interior of the car was trashed (literally had maggots in the seats) and i got a good deal on them.. i also replaced the carpet... and all the ricers lover my 3.4L camaro
Old 11-04-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by presto_z
yes the apc logo is gay and i think of apc as ricer crap even though its an acrynm for american product company... i had the super race seats in my 95 camaro in the gray carbon and black suade, they hit the center console and if i had a center console lid it wouldnt have even opened fully (it flipped strait up not to the side so yours may work), and they hit the door panel also, making you have to bend in the side in order for it to clear properly (and it still rubbed) after about 8 months or so the suade started to fade very badly (turning almost orange)..... and the suade started to seperate from the carbon material.... also the apc has no quick way to tilt the seat forward, instead u have to turn a *** a bunch of times, really a PITA when u have to load 3 ppl in ur car when it is raining.... and the seat belt is on your neck, so i always wore it behind me which is deff. not safe.....

the only reason why i bought the seats is that the interior of the car was trashed (literally had maggots in the seats) and i got a good deal on them.. i also replaced the carpet... and all the ricers lover my 3.4L camaro

lol..thansk..that was what I was looking for...even though I wasn't considering those. I'm looking at the summit racing seats just in all black, but I have no idea if i'll fit in them because I'm 6'2" 230lbs.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BitViper
I love mine....Had them all of about two weeks....best investment ever made short of my swaybars

Mounted to the stock rails..so I still have electric seat flexability
i plan on getting those in black

Quick Reply: racing seats?