Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter question

Ok So I got my headers from Pacesetter in the other day and my magnaflow exhaust in but I have a question about the headers. WhenI pulled the headers out of the box the looked different on each side. Im sure that this is normal but I have seen pics of headers before and they looked exactley the same for each side. Im sure its different for the LS1. I just need someone to reassure me I guess. Im asking because I have never bought headers before. Cant wait to get them put on.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

They are different; not symmetrical.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by amsterdamn
They are different; not symmetrical.
Are you asking me or telling me?

The way that they Flow down to the Y-pipe is a differnt pattern on each side.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

That's the way they're supposed to be. The older headers you are used to seeing are symetrical because back in the day they actually had room in the engine bay. Incase you haven't noticed, things in an LS1's engine bay aren't as roomy. Therefore, headers have to be designed around performance AND fitment.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D_Rock
Ok So I got my headers from Pacesetter in the other day and my magnaflow exhaust in but I have a question about the headers. WhenI pulled the headers out of the box the looked different on each side. Im sure that this is normal but I have seen pics of headers before and they looked exactley the same for each side. Im sure its different for the LS1. I just need someone to reassure me I guess. Im asking because I have never bought headers before. Cant wait to get them put on.
don't worry, they fit great...
Old 11-02-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just put them on and u'll be happy!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Teching In

never heard of anyone with a pacesetter problem. lets us know how happy you are with the results.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I get them installed on Tuesday along with ORY and Magnaflow exhaust. Will post pics of it when its done.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol hey man, let me know if you find a shop in nc that will pass you for inspections w/ those LT's I gotta get me some
Old 11-05-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tainted
lol hey man, let me know if you find a shop in nc that will pass you for inspections w/ those LT's I gotta get me some
Well for right now Im in Arkansas so it wont be a problem I know alot of different shops around town that will take care of me in North Carolina that is. If not I will just have to get Cats put on I guess.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

well hook me up if you know a shop that aint to far from me . i can already taste those stainless e bay headers very shortly
Old 11-05-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tainted
well hook me up if you know a shop that aint to far from me . i can already taste those stainless e bay headers very shortly

Will do As soon as i get back to N.C. I will have to get the car inspected and have to put that damn ugly sticker in the windshield again. Damn I hate that thing. Oh that reminds me I will have to get tags as well.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

have fun in raleigh that bitch is packed now
Old 11-05-2006, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

i just installed my pacesetters, tsp ory and maganaflow catback. LOVE IT!!!! i was alittle confused with the tsp but figured it out pretty quick. i do need to push the ory down alittle since it slightly rubs on the floorboard. i will try to post some pics soon. it took about 4.5 hours in the garage with 4 jackstands. btw, i was told that pacesetters come with paper gaskets so i went out and bought oem gaskets. after the install i found 2 copper header gaskets in the box. oh well, maybe i'll use them some other time.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 8tsixt
i just installed my pacesetters, tsp ory and maganaflow catback. LOVE IT!!!! i was alittle confused with the tsp but figured it out pretty quick. i do need to push the ory down alittle since it slightly rubs on the floorboard. i will try to post some pics soon. it took about 4.5 hours in the garage with 4 jackstands. btw, i was told that pacesetters come with paper gaskets so i went out and bought oem gaskets. after the install i found 2 copper header gaskets in the box. oh well, maybe i'll use them some other time.

Yeah mine came with copper looking gaskets as well.