Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th350/400 converter? STR related

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question th350/400 converter? STR related

I dont see a lot of stress about selecting a certain str when it comes to A3 converters, as a matter of fact I never even see people mention it at all. So my question is, does STR sort of take a seat on the back burner when it comes to seleting an A3 verter? Do you simply find the most efficient verter for your app and let the trans brake get you off the line hard instead of being concerned about a multiplier?

I'm just starting to research this A3 stuff as I'm fed up with breaking 4L60Es, so if ya can bare with me there will prolly be more questions to come

thanks,
Old 11-04-2006, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A large % of converters that are made for transbrake use are in the 1.3 to 1.8 STR range as the lower STR will come up quicker on the brake, build less heat and flash higher
I have tested many from all the different converter builders th350 and th400 will be on the lower side of the STR , Powerglides tend the be on the high end to offset the lack of ratio in low gear.
A high STR and trans brake will blow away the tires on anything but an all out race prepped chassis.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes, the guy at Speed Inc that sold me my verter said mine would have a 2.2 STR, is this gonna make things tough at the track?