General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

drivers side window. is stop & go

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivers side window. is stop & go

Ho-K since about july of this year, my drivers side window just desided one night to go UP only half way... i waited 5 mins or so and tried again,then it rolled all the way up.. thought it was just a one time thing.NO.
The next day (still in the month of july) i went for a ride, and i had the windows down, shortly after the weather desided to take a ****, so i roll my windows up, and the same thing happens to my driver window only went up half way it just stopped, then waited, and tried again and it went all the way up.did the same in august till twords the middle of that month, id roll it down and it would stop 1 inch from all the way down.
well i desided to get CRAZY ON THAT WINDOW AND *** WIT it so i would play with the switch up and down and it would go up 1/2" then stop, so id wait and try again,then go up 6" or so and so on and so forth going up and down pause pause pause all day long.

So you guys get the point, it pauses every where in between weather its going up or down,for the past 3 1/2 months. its annoying, i wonder to my self Y hasnt the window stoped working all together yet... please help, do i really need a new window motor if so... how much is a new motor and how hard to install my self? (yes its a power window)

Last edited by gonefishn1212; 11-04-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your motor sounds like its dead. theyre like 50 bucks and you can isntall it in about an hour yourself
Old 11-04-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My passenger side did that, kept putting off replacing the motor, then one day it completely died. Replaced it myself - used http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html