Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peoples Opinion Of ZPack Clutches

Old 11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Peoples Opinion Of ZPack Clutches

I have them in my tranny that is going to be installed this coming week. I just was wondering if anyone has any good info on these. I have heard they help to prevent the clutches from coneing and help grab shifts harder.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 11-04-2006, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

We have had excellent service out of them ,I have seen them also actually be in decent shape after situations that I know would have completley fried other types of clutch setups.We had a retail customer come in a while back he had a check engine light for pcs and said trans had been slide shifting quite a while He had purchased the vehical which was a truck he used for work daily driver several months earlier,We pulled the pan to replace the PCS and found lots of clutch material , He elected to have tranny built , When our builder tore it down he was suprised to find that though the band was burnt and the reverse input drum warped when he went into the input drum though you could tell the Zpack which is what it used had been very very hot , Looking at it you could almost have reused it. It was impressive to have handled so much slipping and heat and still looked intact.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-04-2006, 02:31 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The zpack does still cone. I have done some testing with it. I felt that the friction material being mounted to a very thin steel was not going to take the heat without bending the plates. I have also seen this happen first hand and have removed quite a few. It was designed for towing applications without high performance in mind. I have heard some say they use it with good success I however like a good and tight FLT 8 pack.

Search this Thread