LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How can I tune my LT1?

Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How can I tune my LT1?

To make a really long winded post down to a minimum, I want to run a regular small block single plane inake w/ a 1,000cfm throttle body, and a "drop in" type distributer.

The guy that always had tuned my car said something along the the lines about not being able to read or maybe tune it properly without the opti spark?

It won't hurt my feelings that bad to run a carb. instead of a TB setup and just change it over later on b/c this car isn't my DD, but I'd really like to stay FI.

I guess I could run just the intake and TB, and buy a better opti, like the MSD, but I don't know if that would have any advantages over a regualr dist. Not to mention it would be ALOT more expensive....Like 400-500 more expensive in my case....i.e. Buying a new timing chain set, the opti, and a few other nic nacs.

Anyone have a similar FI setup to what I mentioned? If so, can you give me some insight to what I should do?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Anyone?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Launching!

umm only thing I could tell ya is see if the tune will work. You can get an MSD system to create a timing curve with a normal distributor, and just use the tuning software for the fuel curve. That should work... but you will spend the price difference you on the MSD for the timing curve. You could also go DFI but that is VERY pricey.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Launching!

I'd say your right.

I may jus have to kick out the extra $ and have what I want rather that trying to cobble something up.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

IIRC you cant run the stock PCM without the optispark. Now I recall a few people affixing somehow the optical wheel off the opti on to a regular dist..
Old 11-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Launching!

What do all think of these?
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How can I tune my LT1?