Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Door Panel on Firebirds (Info for Modification)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panel on Firebirds (Info for Modification)

Let me start off by saying, I know I posted this also in the appearance and detailing forum. But after posting, I realized the appearance and detailing forum was just the "look at my new pictures" forum, so I am hoping that posting this here will get more responses.

Thanks

I have a 1999 with grey door panels, which both have started to crack.
These panels have carpeted inserts not leather.
I also have access to some 1995 grey door panels which are in good shape, but the carpet is a different color of grey and the speaker pods/ map pockets are different.
What would it take to remove the map pockets/ speaker pods and carpet from my current cracking door panels and install them on the 95 door panels?
Would there be any cutting involved for the larger monsoon style speaker pods? If so how hard would it be to simply, swap the fabric (I can relocate my tweeters to somewhere else)?
My friend said he would sell me the 95 panels for 100, and he would help me do the conversion assuming this is not beyond our (or mostly his) fabrication skills.

Also any advice how to protect the older 95 panels from cracking like my current panels. Although the older panels do some much stronger than the 98+ panels.

Thanks

Robert
Old 11-07-2006, 04:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one knows anything?