6x11x1.5 14,400 BTU

8x11x1.5 20,500 BTU

Im wondering if the 2" extra may bring up some issues installing it

anyone have expierence with either???

any input is greatly appreciated
Old 11-07-2006, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Below is a copy and paste from another one of my posts. I'm running the 70274 cooler, it is 11x11x1.5" You shouldn't have too much trouble getting one of the smaller ones to fit.

Good luck.

It is gonna cost you a little more to do it, but I think it's well worth it just to go ahead and get the steel braided lines. If you PM Madman, he sells a kit that includes a 11"x11"x1-1/2" cooler with NPT fittings, a foot of -6AN steel braided hose, and a couple of fittings to get everything all tied together. I ran my lines from the tranny, up to the front and stayed away from the long tubes, over the A-arm and up around the bottom of the radiator/AC condenser. I had some line left over so I layed it in the lip in front of the condenser and then looped my lines up into the 90 degree fittings that went into the cooler. I drilled 2 holes in the car right above where the air dam bolts up, and fastened the bottom of the cooler in there. I also bent the cooler back on the top end so it would be leaning back towards the AC condenser. I haven't yet fastened the top of the cooler. (I had just finished up most of this a few days ago.) I'm trying to figure out a way to do that and still make it look somewhat "clean".

Here are a few pics...they aren't real great. I took them with the car on the floor, I wish now I had taken some with it on the jackstands, for better pic quality purposes.

In the first pic, you see the cooler is mounted on the passenger side of the car. I had to move some plastic out of the way of the AC condenser in order to get the cooler to fit in there. I guess you could trim the plastic and put it back in there but I just pulled it out.

Here is another shot from above, this is how I ran the lines up and over top the cooler to the fittings. Like I said this was mainly to get the slack out of the lines.

Here is a shot from underneath, you can see it is just above where the air dam is bolted onto the car. If you look to the top of this pic you will see the braided lines coming out of the cooler to come down and lay behing the cooler in the lip in front of the AC condenser. Just be sure if you go this route that you do some test fitting. That will save you the headache of having to move something due to clearence issues. Hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the info!!!
greatly appreciated

im going to PM madman now
the convience of being able to buy everything together makes it worth it for me... i was not looking forward to boucning around finding everything to make it work
Old 11-08-2006, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Your welcome.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: B&M Trans Cooler PN 70264 or PN 70266