Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 into a jeep wrangler, write up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 into a jeep wrangler, write up?

ive searched the internet and havent found a heavily detailed write up that involve an ls1 being put into a jeep wrangler

does anyone know of a link or has done this engine swap so i can ask them a few questions:

-when i get the ls1 pcm wiring harness and connect the computer to power and have everything pluged in, is that all i need to run the engine once it is connected to ingnition

basicly my mind is being boggled with this damn wiring issue, i have everything else understood
Old 11-07-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wiring, IMO, is the easiest part of a swap like that.

ive thought about putting an ls1 into my cherokee...completely different vehicle, but they share the same motors with the wranglers. So the engine bays are similar. I think once you sort out mounts...and what transmission and trasfer case you want to run...the rest is simple. Make some engine mounts...make the trans crossmember. Probably need a new driveshaft...or get yours re-tubed.

Wiring is simple...the LS1 harness is pretty much stand alone. There is plenty of info on here about that...but if you cant find what you need, either shoot me or one of the other swappers a pm with a specific question and we'll help ya out.

The only thing I can say to watch out for...is your states emission laws. Since most states allow a motor swap as long as it was a motor configuration that was available in that car...and as long as the motor is newer or the same age as the stock engine. You gotta keep all the emissions from the swap motor as well. But if you dont have emissions...youre good.

I really hope you get the project going... Not enough jeeps running around with such a great motor in them!!! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Justin
Old 11-07-2006, 02:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there done that..

If I didi it again aid NEVER use Painless (in the ***) wire harness
They cant find thier *** with both hands when it comes to electrical..

FFS id post pics but I cant shrink them right now my cpu is hating me
Old 11-07-2006, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait...you been where did what?? LS1 in a Jeep?? If so, Ide definetly like to see pics. Dont worry about shrinking them..just upload them on photobucket.com That shrinks them to a good size automatically...then you can just [IMG] then in or post links...

J.

Quick Reply: ls1 into a jeep wrangler, write up?