Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

CAn you tell me what this is?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAn you tell me what this is?

Okay I was going to take my tank out today and send the fuels sending unit to Lonnies fro an upgrade to a dual pump, BUT when I got the car on the lift I found this fuel pump on the outside. I think it is a T-Rex pump that came with the SC. So my question is.........Should I just replace the T-Rex, is it working WITH the stock pump or by itself? or should I go with the dual pumps still, and if I do that how do I unhook this thing?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails CAn you tell me what this is?-fuelpump1.jpg   CAn you tell me what this is?-fuelpump2.jpg   CAn you tell me what this is?-fuelpump3.jpg   CAn you tell me what this is?-fuelpump4.jpg  
Old 11-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, the reason I am changing the fuel system is cause it was whining really bad when it last had an engine in AND I have put in a larger engine and need a pump that can keep up with the demand.
408 iron stroker, Vortech SC running 9# boost, 55# injectors, and other stuff.
So if I replace the T-rex will it be able to fuel this?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:55 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get rid of the T-rex and still go with the dual pumps. Hang in there, you're almost done. Your husband must be really proud of you, doing everything on the car along with having two kids to take care of! Bob
Old 11-07-2006, 06:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

keep in mind too, that an external t-rex wiil make some noise. it may sound like its whining(especially if you never knew it was there).