Sponsored by:

Just another 4l60e P.O.S.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just another 4l60e P.O.S.

Well Heres the story...

9 months ago I decided I was going to get a "tune" on my car. So i did and with the tune I got the torque management disabled and the line pressure turned up a bit. When I got the car back it shifted HARD from 1st to 2nd, then 2-3 was normal-kinda soft.

Well that worked for 2 months and then the 3-4 clutches went out.

Well I bought the Alto Eagle Red clutch pack and rebuild kit along with a kevlar band and rebulit it. During the rebuild I decided I was going to drop a 4k stall into it, so I did.

(Don't flame here plz as I am aleady pissed off enough)

I didn't put a cooler on the car and drove it ~800 miles with 4-5 track passes and of course they went out again (3-4 gears)

So I broke out the checkbook and bought..

1) Trans-go Shift kit
2) 2 B&M 24k trans coolers
3) Raybestos Z-Pack 3-4 clutches

I am contemplating on getting some sonnax billet servos.

Any other suggestions As to what I can get to fix my tranny? The only thing I am worried about is the initial HARD 1-2 shifts. WHen I say hard i mean HARD. If I would take off from a stop normal granny driving the car would reach ~2k RPM and bark the tires on the shift into second.

What would have caused that???

This is my LAST attempt to fix the automatic. If I have ANY more problems I am going with a T-56 which is currently sitting in the garage on a pallet that i just picked up from UPS.

SO ALL YOU TRANNY BUFFS PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE I CAN DO TO HELP THE CAR!!

This message was created from a very desperate f-body lover. He is currently being forced to drive a 88 honda CRX 1.5L POS. I MISS 400HP!!!!

Please Help!!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have someone turn down the line presure or have someone tune it in the computer for less line presure.... your just gonna keep blowin them with that high of line presure..
Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

well the fact that the 1-2 shift is very hard while the 2-3 shift is moderatly soft tells you theres still some issue there , cheak seals of course particulaly the oring on the inside of drum also carefully check the inside of the pump stator for grooves wear there where there rings ride a little is to much it should be perfectly smoothe , Adding more frictions ect ect will not help if the presure is all leaking away

Call 888-744-6542