Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e Problems

I Went to the track no Nittos and hooked preety good and broke the Rearend. So i get in my s60 and when i went 1-3rd was good 4th was like i hit the brakes but it was coming from the converter. Well i had it tuned for the lower gears and it still did it. My tuner (Ed Wright) scaned it and called a tranny guy that he uses and they said it was applying 3rd and 4th at the same time. they said to just drive in 3rd until i get it fixed. Well 5 miles later i heard a loud klunk and now i only have 1st and 2nd. It had to have happened when i launched at the track. Can i salvage some of the tranny or do i need a complete rebuild. Im kinda looking at doing the rebuild myself but what kind of special tools are needed?

thanks guys
Old 11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi
Sounds more like the formard sprag wouldnt free wheel or the overun clutch was seized or stuck on , The fourth servo applying the band while the 3rd(3-4)clutch is applied is fourth gear so in a sense every 4l60e when it shifts to fourth is in 3rd and fourth at the same time ,
But in any case you will minmum have to rebuild tranny and replace some hard parts likley input drum or input sprag or both and the 3-4 clutch set ,
You are looking at a rebuild or replacement of tranny , I suggest you eith buy a built tranny ,or hav the one you have performance built.
hope his helps

Call 888-744-6542