General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Yes, another "TA tail lights went out" thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yes, another "TA tail lights went out" thread

My tail lights are going out! The far left bulb on the drivers side and the middle bulb on the passenger side (3 bulbs in each tail light, right?)

I tried replacing all the bulbs and still no good. Could the fuses be bad? I've heard that if aftermarket bulbs are used (ones that are "longer lasting" or are brighter than stock) then they can burn out the honeycomb pattern and make the tail lights look dark in which I'd have to buy new tail lights. When I checked to replace the bulbs I noticed they had been replaced before by the previous owner but with the correct oem replacements (Sylvania bulbs I think).

If it IS just the fuses, where are those particular fuses located for the tail lights?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

this happens to almost every fourth gen... lol... i always see them on the street, mainly TA's... (including mine) Which is still like that... Lol
Old 11-12-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try replacing the sockets....the nodes inside tend to erode when water gets in them, also when water gets in, it takes the reflective paint off of the lense thus making it look dark, you should just buy a new tail light assembly because the water issue is going to continue...
Old 11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

werd. thanks for the info. i'm going to get some off ebay. thanks again.

Search this Thread